Graphing Calculators for Engineers?

<p>Do you guys use graphing calculators at all?
I have a TI-83 Plus. Is this good enough? Or should I give this one to my sister who is entering HS and get a new one? Thanks!</p>

<p>I used my graphing calculator a ton, long calculations, complex calculation, phasors, equation solver, even a few matrices here and there, it's great. I had a TI-89 when I started, I accidentally broke it and got a TI-89 Titanium to replace it. Sometimes I still wish I had the old one though cause it's less cumbersome. Otherwise the two are identical. </p>

<p>Anyways, TI-83 or TI-89 or w/e you prefer all seem to work fine. I've seen people use all kinds of calculators from plain $5 calculators to scientific ones to graphing. I used an 89 because I started in HS with that model and loved the various features, but if you feel comfortable with an 83 and don't need the complicated menus and functions of an 89 then by all means, keep it.</p>

<p>I will say however, in BME, I've found a TI-89 and its functions to be extremely helpful,. But I'm told that many people find it complicated and annoying to use?</p>

<p>Ti-89 is useful for EE, sometimes BME.</p>

<p>Just keep using Ti-83 until you need a 89.</p>