Grease Audition Monologue

<p>I'll be auditioning for Grease in a week, and I just can't decide on a monologue. I'm auditioning for Sandy, and I want something that's sweet and innocent but still has a little edge to it. Does anyone have any suggestions?</p>

<p>Try Luisa's monologue from the Fantasticks.</p>

<p>Isn't that too overdone? I think it may be too short as well. It has to be 1-2 minutes long.</p>

<p>It is done pretty often -- but I was assuming since this is for a specific show, that wouldn't matter so much. The monologue is well over a minute, though.</p>

<p>If you're looking for something edgier, try "The Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe" -- the character of Agnus Angst is fun.</p>

<p>I've been looking around at ingenue type characters, and I found a few things. What about Kathy in Singin' in the Rain? I have one from the scene when Don jumps into her car and another from a deleted scene when she talks to Don about being a fan of his.</p>

<p>Sure, that sounds like it could work.</p>

<p>Yeah, I decided to edit a monologue from the scene where Don jumps into Kathy's car and she thinks he's a criminal and whatnot. I'm going to sing Show Off from Drowsy Chaperone and The Fire Within Me from Little Women, too. They only said a vocal piece should be prepared if auditioning for a lead, but didn't specify more than that, so I figured that a 32-bar cut of both an up-tempo and a ballad would work best.</p>