Great Quote

<p>"A university is what a college becomes when the faculty loses interest in students."</p>

<ul>
<li>John Ciardi</li>
</ul>

<p>Probably true. </p>

<p>I always have to think twice when I hear Americans speak of universities and colleges (terms which seem to be interchangeable in the US). When one goes to Harvard or Yale in the US, one is going to "college." In Canada, or at least in Ontario, universities and colleges are two different things. "College" means community college here (ie. NOT academia). When one goes to McGill or Toronto, one is not going to "college"; one is rather going to "university."</p>

<p>Anyway... I'm rambling.</p>

<p>Seneca.... LOL</p>

<p>Very ignorant quote. I am sure Brown, Colgate, Princeton and Wesleyan, all of which have the word University in their officla title, qualify as institutions where the faculty have lost all interest in their students!</p>

<p>^wait, I'm confused. Doesn't that mean that the quote is right.
(I haven't had anything to eat all day, so I'm having trouble thinking)...</p>

<p>I was being sarcastic. Read it after iftar and I think you will better understand the tone of my sentense! LOL!</p>

<p>"Seneca.... LOL"</p>

<p>Exactly. Seneca is the perfect example of a "college" in Canada.</p>

<p>And also a famous Roman writer/philosopher. But anyway, that's probably not the point :)</p>

<p>After all manner of professors have done their best for us, the place we are to get knowledge is in books. The true university of these days is a collection of books.</p>

<p>-Albert Camus</p>

<p>
[quote]
I was being sarcastic. Read it after iftar and I think you will better understand the tone of my sentense! LOL!

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Oh!
I read it again. Now I feel kinda dumb :p</p>