Group Projects and slackers

<p>When the teacher puts you in a group for a group project and there's always that one person (or two, or three....) who promises to do stuff but then never shows up to meetings and then emails back on the day before it is due to say...... s/he can help glue stuff. After having done absolutely nothing. </p>

<p>How do you deal with these people?</p>

<p>I just plan to do it myself. If your partner is of that quality, doing it yourself may also get you a higher grade.</p>

<p>At the end of almost every group project I do, we each receive a group evaluation form telling the teacher each member's level of contribution. So whenever there's a slacker, we all just ignore him and share his workload on top of our individual assignments. In the end, he gets screwed over because the grade he gets is based on our comments on the evaluation form.</p>

<p>Regardless of the grading system, it is in your best interest to just do all the work yourself. Those sorts of things always even out in the long run.</p>

<p>Do all the work yourself, and then tell the teacher how much contribution everyone has made. Or, you can try to persuade the person to do his or her part. If they do, great. If they don't, you can show the teacher the part they didn't do- it's not your fault.</p>

<p>Story of my life.... I'm the only one who works in a sea of slackers at my (teacher assigned) groups. I just deal with it by working extra hard to make up for everyone else. My schools doesn't have group evaluation forms, although I wish it did.</p>

<p>This is why I prefer to work by myself.</p>

<p>Yeah, I just do the whole thing by myself....</p>