Guaranteed Group Alumni Interview vs. Ask for a Non-Guaranteed Individual Interview?

<p>I received an e-mail from the local chair of the Cornell Alumni Admissions Ambassadors Network (that's a mouth full) asking if I wanted to attend a group interview at my high school. She also gave me the option of requesting a one-on-one interview with an alumni. I'd much rather an individual interview but it's not guaranteed... should I risk asking for it anyway and rejecting (what a harsh word) the group interview? Thanks in advance!</p>

<p>It's really your choice on what your preference is. However, if you e-mail her back saying that you are very interested in Cornell and would love to be able to talk to someone about the school, it shows enthusiasm. In that case, you would go with the group interview since it's guaranteed. I'm sure if you explained how interested you were in at least talking to somebody (and having it guaranteed) it would look good for you, and they'd send that extra enthusiasm back in a report and it would bode well for you.</p>

<p>I can't really say though, because I was the only student from my school to apply to Cornell, so my only option was an individual interview. </p>

<p>But if you really would prefer to talk to someone one-on-one, that also has its advantages. (Sorry if this didn't help at all haha)</p>

<p>Any way you could do the group interview but then show extra interest by letting them know you'd be interested in a one on one, if it is available, as well? (To get more specific info, etc) That might be overkill...or..they might see it as enthusiasm for the school.</p>

<p>Thanks (:
Yeah, I e-mailed back saying I would love the group but prefer the individual and so I was put down as a "maybe" for the group while the person will try to match me with an alumni.</p>

<p>I know this thread is over a year old, but has anyone had a group interview? I just got contacted about one (though for Dartmouth) and am not sure what to expect!</p>