HARVARD, do i have even a small chance??

<p>Hi guys,
my hish school record is as follows</p>

<p>Currently I'm a sophomore living in Kuwait studying in the best American school here, the bad thing abt this school is that we are not allowed to take any APs in our freshman year, 1 in our sophomore year, 2 in junior and 3 in our senior year.</p>

<p>Secondly, we have to take two english classes every year which greatly limits our chances to take electives.</p>

<p>In ninth grade, I did really bad 1st semester, got 5 As, 1 A- and a B in PE and my GPA was a 3.8 which was realllllly realllllly bad.</p>

<p>Next semster, I got a 3.9625, 7 As and an A- in PE.</p>

<p>10th grade 1st semester I improved my grades and I also took AP World History, my GPA was a 4.0875, an A- in AP World history and 7 As.</p>

<p>Therefore, my cumulative GPA right now is 3.95, I'm rank 3 of 109, and I got a 22 on my plan:(.</p>

<p>My extra cirricular activities are:
1. Model United Nations (the only sophomore in the traveling team to the hague, my resolution reached the pleneray session, one of the only 4 resolutions that reached there)
2. Forensics and Debate (won as a sophomore, for the past 6 years winners were either juniors or seniors).
3. Badminton
4. Academic Games
5. In Jazz (its a student business program)
6. Community service for like 10 hours, there are VERY FEW community service opportunities here:(.</p>

<p>I am certified in three languages, English, Arabic, and Urdu, which means that I can perfectly speak, understand, and write these three languages. </p>

<p>In our school the highest GPAs we can get is as follows:
9th grade: 4.0
10th grade:4.125
11th grade: 4.25
12th grade: 4.375</p>

<p>I realize my record so far is not good but I just wanned to ask students who've made it to harvard, DO I HAVE ANY CHANCE WHAT SO EVER cuz I'm only gonna apply to one college i.e. Harvard, no backups or anything, just one college</p>

<p>Btw I wanna do a double major in Political SciencelGovernment and Economics, the I wanna get a JD/MBA from Harvard too.</p>

<p>Next year I wanna take AP US History and AP Stats.</p>

<p>In 12th grade I plan to take AP Chem, AP Calculus AB and AP Economics.</p>

<p>In our school the highest GPAs we can get are****** as follows:
9th grade: 4.0
10th grade:4.125
11th grade: 4.25
12th grade: 4.375</p>

<p>The only way you can be sure of not getting into Harvard is not to apply. It is extremely foolish to only apply to one college especially one as selective as Harvard.</p>

<p>With no SAT/ACT, it's gonna be hard to know your chances and yeah, it's not good applying to just Harvard</p>

<p>I'm gonna take the SAT in my junior year, the SAT II for World history this year, and SAT IIs for US History adn Math II at the end of 11th grade. My projected SAT score is like 2000-2200</p>

<p>Applying to 1 college was just an exaggeration, i'm prob gonna apply to Harvard early action, and then to Upenn, BU, and U of Chicago as a regular applicant, but the bottom line is, i really really like harvard. I want u pple who got in to gove me some advice, wht was the special thing that u guys did? and what can i do in my junior and senior years to get the attention of the admission officers</p>

<p>Valuable suggestions would be greatly appreciated:)</p>

<p>^^^Harvard, along with Princeton and UVA, does NOT have early action nor early decision as of 2007. Only regular decision.
Good luck!</p>

<p>I wouldn't worry too much about the number of APs. Remember that colleges look at you in the context of first your school, then your community, country, etc.</p>

<p>No more early, my friend. This year is the first one they got rid of it.</p>

<p>Harvard has only RD. Yale and Stanford have SCEA.</p>

<p>The dad of my friend (Harvard 2011) ran into the Admissions Director during acceptancees weekend last April. They discussed Harvard's admission criteria.</p>

<p>What one has to understand is that with 26,000 applications for only 1600 places, Harvard can fill its class with high score candidates many times over. Their goal is DIVERSITY...putting together an eclectic mix from among the brightest pool of candidates. A cockswain for the Crew team, an English Horn player for the band, a successful entrepreneur, a Sri Lankan American, an Intel finalist, a published author, a budding playwright from Fargo, North Dakota...you get the picture.</p>

<p>Great scores put you in the game. A compelling talent or being a gifted representative from a group in short supply put you over the top.</p>