Has anyone had an interview where the welcome package is mentioned 3+ times?

<p>I'm just curious if this has happened to anyone else? While talking with the admissions officer they mention their welcome package 3 or 4 times during the course of the conversation? It seems odd to me having gone to many schools this is the first time it's happened? Although we have had one school where one particular staff member has repeatedly said over the course of the last few months "see you in September"..... What should we take away from this if anything? Any thoughts?</p>

<p>
[quote]
What should we take away from this if anything?

[/quote]
</p>

<p>** **Nothing * *.</p>

<p>I think you can safely assume if they tell you "See you in September" that your interview went very well.</p>

<p>Just remember that that is only one factor in the ultimate decision. An important one, but far from the only one.</p>

<p>Agree w/ D'yer and BD. Honestly, I wish AO's wouldn't do this.</p>

<p>2kidsnoanswers: I agree. It leaves applicants wondering, whether or not it was an implication, that they were going to be receiving "good news" (an acceptance letter) from that school. Also, some applicants take statements like that to mean that they are "shew-in". They are then devastated/blind-sided when they find out that they were waitlisted/rejected... It would take a lot of weight off of everyone's shoulders, if AOs wouldn't make statements like that.</p>

<p>Don't read into it--my D had one AO tell her she'd see her again at revisit day and it was one of the schools she did not get in to. The AO obviously liked D but, for whatever reason, she didn't make the final cut.</p>

<p>Remember, when your child interviews, the application generally isn't in yet. As others have said, the AO may indeed think your child is a wonderful fit, at that point, but more qualified applicants may present themselves further down the line. Or something in the application may cause the ao to rule your child out.</p>

<p>I do believe it is heartfelt at the time, though.</p>

<p>zp</p>

<p>erlanger, that's terrible to give your D the hope they'd see her on revisit day!</p>

<p>Zuzu's spetals, in this case they actually had all D's stuff, application, rec's, video's, everything.... so who know's. She has a countdown on her computer until March 10, I guess we'll know something then!</p>