Hate or love SAT?

<p>hi i'm new here but i just have a quick question
Do colleges look at your SAT scores everytime you take one? Or do they only send colleges your score after a certain age? And how many times are you allowed to take it?
\Thanks a lot! I know i personally do NOT like the SATs... what about you?</p>

<p>I hate the SATs. I'm not completely sure, but I think they get pretty much everything you took.</p>

<p>thanks :)
well i guess if you are human you'd have to hate them.. :)
great that means now i have to do practice ones until i feel i can score 2000 or +
.....</p>

<p>You can take the SATs as many times as you want to.</p>

<p>All your scores are reported, but most people say they will look at your highest score each section (i.e., if you get a 600/650/600 and a 500/700/610, colleges will treat your score as a 600/700/610, but will see all the scores).</p>

<p>Tests taken before 9th grade don't count for any of this though.</p>

<p>

Yes. Every time you take the SAT or an SAT II test, it is added to your official score report on College Board. You cannot send one SAT test alone to a College without sending all of the rest of the SAT's that you have also taken. In short, generally they only care about your best effort, but they will see all of them.</p>

<p>

As many times as you like, but I would advise you to take it in moderation. ;) There will come a point where you simply can't improve anymore, (given that you do your best each time), and that will be when you should stop. However, taking it more than 3 times (especially if you're not improving) is generally frowned upon by colleges.</p>

<p>

<br>
You're welcome! I don't really like them either, but I believe they're a necessary evil. If you have more questions, see the SAT prep forum. The people there will probably be able to help you more.</p>

<p>hey that was a lot of help </p>

<p>hmm i guess i will take one afterall for i'll only be a sophomore this year.</p>

<p>illinois_kid: </p>

<p>hey before we joined IMSA, they told us that the freshman year's SAT won't matter...I think everything from thereon matters. Most people take it junior year but counselors suggest taking one in senior year.</p>

<p>I like the SAT, it's pretty easy and helped me make up for my gpa.</p>

<p>nko90: you go to IMSA????</p>

<p>yeah, I looked it up, and colleges see pretty much every SAT you've taken, but they only care about the top ones.</p>

<p>I have a related question. My SAT blows (1980), but my ACT is pretty good (32). A lot of the schools I'm applying to require SAT II's, which means the schools get to see my bad SAT. If I also send in my ACT, will they evaluate me based on by SAT, ACT or both? I'd much prefer that they just go with my ACT. Oh, btw, I'm gonna retake BOTH. Thanks for your help.</p>

<p>I'm indifferent to the SAT. I believe they send your scores to the colleges you request on the form and to your high school after your results come in. You can choose whether or not to send them to colleges, and the SAT report will have all of your scores from previous tests on the report also. There shouldn't be a limit, just a time limit because some colleges request that you send your scores by a certain date.</p>

<p>I think the SAT is useless, but I still love it. I'm good at taking standardized tests, and it's so easy to memorize how to solve the problems even if you aren't too solid on the actual concepts that are being tested. I'm definitely being a little selfish here, but if the SAT is going to make me look better to the colleges I'm applying to, I'm all for it.</p>

<p>i dont 'love' the SAT but i think it's much better than GPA because so many schools just give any idiot straight As so those of us who go to difficult schools have to prove we're not stupid some way, and the SAT is a decent way</p>

<p>
[quote]
You can take the SATs as many times as you want to.</p>

<p>All your scores are reported, but most people say they will look at your highest score each section (i.e., if you get a 600/650/600 and a 500/700/610, colleges will treat your score as a 600/700/610, but will see all the scores).

[/quote]
</p>

<p>No public schools do that. Publics take the highest from composite score, they don't combine scores.</p>

<p>i don't think they are HORRIBLE, but i very much dislike studying for them.</p>

<p>i think SAT's suit me better than ACT's do. it's really a matter of personal preference.</p>