Help a Brother out

<p>I'm currently a sophomore in st. louis community college looking to transfer. I really want to </p>

<p>study abroad in Europe (UK, Switzerland, or Denmark) and I don't whether I should apply </p>

<p>directly to a University over there such as Edinburgh or if I should just transfer to a </p>

<p>University in the states and participate in an exchange program. Then if I like it, go to grad </p>

<p>school abroad since I'm going to grad school anyways for art or english. I want to be able </p>

<p>to stay as long as possible. My budget for college is around 16,000 per year and I plan to </p>

<p>get scholarships, grants, and do a work/study if possible. I could use some advice so help </p>

<p>a brother out. Thank you</p>

<p>PS. If you know of any Universities over in Europe I can apply to please let me know</p>

<p>because I only know a few such as american campuses and some in the UK.</p>

<p>Unless you speak Danish, German or French you can forget the idea of studying in Denmark or Switzerland full-time. Sixteen thousand won't be enough to study in the UK without financial support, which you're unlikely to get from British universities. I'm not up to speed with visa issues, but don't bet on being able to work part-time to supplement your income.</p>

<p>I think you're going to do better applying to an American institution and then opting for a study-abroad program if you want to spend some time in Europe. UK undergraduate degrees are differently structured than American ones, and your cc credits most likely won't transfer, so you'd probably have to start from scratch. Also, British universities are VERY expensive for international students--tuition is equivalent to top private US schools, but you would have no financial aid eligibility, nor would you be able to work.</p>

<p>yea i think that's what im going to do especially since i have to save up for grad school and of course i dont want all my blood, sweat, and tears that were put into my credits to be wasted haha</p>