Help! I am drowning in this essay!

<p>Would you read the essay below and tell me what it is related to?</p>

<hr>

<p>Now I assembled my own computer. I write computer programs. I am responsible for the maintenance of my class's website, and acting as a consultant to teachers, students, and even neighbors. But just several years ago, I virtually knew nothing about computer science… </p>

<p>One day in my 6th grade, while first trying to use my computer after moving to a new house, I kept getting ‘Invalid password’ as a response. I never had to use a password before and this puzzled me. Actually, my computer experience was limited to game-playing at that time. After trying every password I could think of, I sank in the armchair, helplessly gazing at the screen. Yet there weren’t any clues. Maybe dad knows it, I thought</p>

<p>‘Dad, what is the password?’ ‘Password?’ he responded. He was as expert as I was.</p>

<p>I didn’t give up. I thought naively that because the password inside the metal box, I could open and see. With a screwdriver, I opened the box, staring at the tangle of lines and cards inside. The complex structure of the computer only stimulated my curiosity. I unplugged every card, socket and slot looking for the hidden password until I heard…</p>

<p>‘Bo! What on earth are you doing!’ my mother screamed. ‘Don’t worry about me, Mom. I can handle this. Another Bill Gates is rising up!’ ‘I am not worrying about you, but the computer!’ cried my mother. ‘Put it up, now!’</p>

<p>I was then lost in the room full of cards, lines, and boxes. Still, I couldn’t find the password. I began to reassemble the machine silently by my half memory and half imagination. However, my confidence didn’t live long --- I pressed the power button. I heard an ominous noise, saw a puff of smoke, and caught the smell of burnt plastic…</p>

<p>Some voices in my mind told me ‘the ignorant have no fear’. That is a Chinese proverb ridiculing the ignorant.
But I was indeed fear to be ignorant.</p>

<p>I became obsessed with the principles behind all the parts of computer. I absorbed like a sponge. I bought about a case of books and magazines on computers, and spent almost all my leisure time reading them. I finally understood why I had fried my computer - I had plugged in the power line on the main board the wrong way. I spent a lot of time trying to fix the broken computer. Finally, I chanced plugging it in again, feeling my heart beating very fast. The screen popped up! I can't describe how excited I was to see that what I had studied in theory was working in practice.</p>

<p>Today I still use that computer for word-processing. Little did I expect when I picked up that screwdriver in the fifth grade that, several years later, computer science would become one of my major interests and the source of much satisfaction.</p>

<p>The smoking computer of 1998 started me on the road to a valuable expertise. I often wonder if I would have been stimulated to learn so much about computers if I had never childishly searched for it in the guts of the machine. </p>

<hr>

<p>Thanks!</p>