Help! I need information about B.A. In Theater

<p>So I'm in the top 10% of my high school and I'm interested in a b.a. in theater with an acting focus however I just wanted to know how hard it is to get into the theater program. I also wanted to know (if anyone knows this) if it's hard or easy to combine the b.a. with a degree in political science or an honors program such as LAH or Plan II (if I was to get into one of these programs). I'm interested in going to law school but I enjoy theater that's why I want to have a b.a. Thanks in advance!!!</p>

<p>You may want to post this on the Theatre and Drama Majors forum too.</p>

<p>if you're interested in going to law school you may want to major in something else and minor in theater; anyway, i have heard they like theater majors (i.e. all kinds of majors)</p>

<p>i was top 10% in my school and i didnt get it; got my second choice :(
but maybe you'll be luckier </p>

<p>contact your nearest admissions counselor from ut and then ask them to get you on the phone or an appointment with an advisor from the college of fine arts. </p>

<p>that would be like getting two steps ahead in what you'll need to do as you get closer to graduating.</p>

<p>s'all i know. good luck!
or rather - break a leg!</p>

<p>I can't help you with admission lore, but I assume you've carefully reviewed the theatre admission page: Undergraduate</a> Admissions : Department of Theatre and Dance : University of Texas at Austin</p>

<p>If you go to the Plan II, LAH, etc. pages, they will tell you exactly what you need to know about multiple degree plans.</p>

<p>FYI, you can major in whatever you want to go to law school. Admission is based on GPA and LSAT scores. Theatre majors make great trial lawyers!</p>

<p>Thank y'all very much for all of your help I will definitely visit the individual program pages and try and contact my local admissions counselor: )</p>

<p>"FYI, you can major in whatever you want to go to law school. Admission is based on GPA and LSAT scores. Theatre majors make great trial lawyers! "</p>

<p>True. My brother went to law school at Case Western and he always says "there is no such thing as 'pre law'."(some schools offer something they call that, but as TXArtemis says, it's about the GPA and LSAT scores, and LSAT doesn't require you to already know law.)</p>

<p>He also says there weren't very many theater majors but the ones who were there really stood out.</p>

<p>If you might be interested in law I would let that keep you at all from taking theater as an undergrad degree.</p>

<p>Being a lawyer is kind of like being a performer. lol! </p>

<p>Just watch Richard Gere do Razzle Dazzle in Chicago.</p>

<p>I agree on that notion.</p>

<p>I'm a BA T&D major, tech focus...so I may be able to help!</p>

<p>As far as admissions into the program go, it is one of the easier programs to get into on campus. From what I've heard, the BFA (teaching track) is the harder program to get into. I was top 10% of my graduating class and was accepted. (It was also my first choice major)</p>

<p>One thing to think about is that the College of Fine Arts at UT does not offer minors in Theatre. You must be a major in order to enroll in most classes. (Particularly acting ones...they fill up quickly and any spaces that could be open for no n-majors are usually filled)</p>

<p>I am currently a double major in History, so pursuing multiple degree programs hasn't been too difficult. The BA program is particularly versatile, because it requires 'concentration' electives that you can fill with a dual major. </p>

<p>If you have any other questions about the department, feel free to ask!</p>

<p>ah. i didn't know theater couldn't be minored in. :s</p>

<p>Thanks everyone y'all have really helped & allicat I just sent you a pm.</p>

<p>snapdragon, I was at Case western reserve as an undergrad. I know that their law school is not that good.</p>