Help in choosing a topic!

<p>I have to write an essay about:
Everyone belongs to many different communities and/or groups defined by (among other things) shared geography, religion, ethnicity, income, cuisine, interest, race, ideology, or intellectual heritage. Choose one of the communities to which you belong, and describe that community and your place within it. (Approximately 250 words)
I'm having the hardest time because I'm not sure what to write about and have already deleted like 3 attempts I had written.
Some choices for my specific communities could be: ballroom dancing, hispanic culture (not sure if it's a good idea), golf, lunch table at school, volunteer work. </p>

<p>There are so many things, but it's really hard to pick one that is unique and that most people don't write about!!
It would be really helpful if I got any help! :)</p>

<p>
[quote]
it's really hard to pick one that is unique and that most people don't write about!!

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Don't aim for uniqueness of topic. What other people write about doesn't matter. A bad essay on a unique topic is still a bad essay. A good essay on a common topic is still a good essay.</p>

<p>Choose the community that allows for you to write the most personal, detailed, specific, revealing essay. The essay that is so you that no one else could write it.</p>

<p>Any of the communities you mentioned would be perfectly fine. Choose the one that allows for the best, most revealing insight into you. </p>

<p>What is unique in this situation is you. Let your essay show the uniqueness of you.</p>

<p>There is excellent advice at Essays</a>, Admission Information, Undergraduate Admission, U.Va.</p>

<p>The best way to choose a topic is to think for a while. Ask yourself whether you will be able to write about each aspect in your essay. It's not that hard - just try to concentrate and figure out which topic you like most.</p>

<p>For me, choosing a topic wasn't easy... I had so many ideas that, I didn't know what to write about. Don't stress over the topic, what I did was I took some time and didn't think about the essay. Having a clear head really helps.</p>

<p>Was it for UMich? I saw that on their application.</p>

<p>I love the idea of using the lunch table as a "community." Who are they? What are they like? What "role" does each play in the group? What is your role? And most importantly, how does it add to the group or make the group better in some way? I think it could be the basis for a clever essay and give insight into who you are.</p>