These are the things that I want in a college:
- good academic program for a student wanting to go into the healthcare field (medical, dental, pharmacy, etc. I’m not completely sure which I want to go for yet)
- in a city or near a city preferably. I just don’t want to be in a very rural area
- a lot of things to do on or near campus (for having fun like parties, clubs, concerts, festivals and for internship opportunities, research, jobs, etc)
- big on sports and has tons of school spirit (need to be D1 school)
- great social scene
- workload not too hard. able to balance academics and social life. work hard play hard attitude
- preferably decent dining hall since I am a huge foodie. if not, at least a lot of good restaurants around campus
- transportation is somewhat decent. able to go around town. (preferably the school has a transportation system that is possibly free with a student ID or something)
It would be great if you guys could help me build a college list. I have a few in mind already but wanted an input on what others think. I am a first generation student and struggling with the college process so anything would help! Please give me a list of reach, match, and safety schools. I have in mind some reach and match schools but I would like to know if there are any safety schools that I could possibly get a full ride merit scholarship since I am leaning towards going to the school that will be giving me the most scholarship money.
My stats are 3.9 UW GPA (my school does not do weighted) and SAT 1510. I have taken 3 AP’s so far and thinking about taking 3 more.
Anything will help! Thanks.