So at this point, my serious contenders are Duke, Emory, Pitt, and UMD for Public Health on the pre-med track. Please help me! I want to save money but if I can miraculously negotiate for better aid, everyone’s thoughts will help on this matter.
- Medical school on campus, so internship opportunities + research
- Accepted to Honors College
- Cheapest option
- Many ways for me to customize my education (certificates + minors)
- I can’t major in Public Health directly. The closest major is Health Services, which I’m not hearing super great things about
- Not too sure about Pittsburgh?
Granted, I need to learn more about Pitt.
- Second cheapest option
- T20 Public Health school
- Close to home
- Possible options to intern/with research because of proximity to D.C and JHU.
- Close to home. I’m really trying to get out of state. Like that was my #1 thing going in to this was to get OUT.
- I’m afraid it’s going to feel like high school 2.0 with just the sheer amount of people who are also going from my high school
- Right next to the CDC!!
- In Atlanta, which is a city I’m excited to explore
- Great and strong Human Health program
- I can apply for scholarships as a sophomore
- EXPENSIVE. Idk if they will budge on finances
- Not sure how many resources/cultural centers there would be for me
- Expensive 🥲
- My top choice this entire time
- Got in with a likely letter, was semifinalist for Robertson
- So many ways to customize my education. I’d probably do Sociology with a co-major in Global Health
- Many cultural centers
- Made a lot of connections there already
- Robust Global Health Institute and other similar opportunities like FOCUS and Baldwin Scholars
- EXPENSIVE!!! The most expensive school by far. I can’t believe it
- Durham, NC seems dry
- Very expensive
Evidently, I am still doing research on these schools. PLEASE help! Also please give advice about negotiating aid… I need it