Help Needed

<p>Aside from the obvious amazing stats you must have to be even granted a second look into Upenn, what other factors play a big role? I am currently a highschool sophomore who is trying to get ahead of the game by finding out exactly what it is I need to get accepted into UPenn. I am very determined to make it , and so far , have been very successfull. Currently, I am :</p>

<p>-3.8 uw
4.0 w</p>

<p>Haven't taked any AP's yet ( Signed up for 2, highschool doesn't allow sophs into AP program - ugh )</p>

<p>Planning on taking +/- 9 AP's during highschool yr.
AP ENG
AP ENG LIT
AP FRENCH
AP FRENCH LIT
AP CAL
AP ENV SCIENCE
AP MACRO/MICRO ECON
AP WORLD
AP US GOV</p>

<p>LOTS OF Ec's
- Secretary SGA
- Secretary Speech & Debate
- numerous regional speech awards
- NHS
- colorguard
- multilingual ( 5 lang. )
- French Club
-French honor society
- interact club( volunteering )
etc. etc.</p>

<p>it's impossible to evaluate your chances after having only finished one year of high school; get a few more semesters under your belt, take your SATs, then start thinking about where to apply for college</p>

<p>that said, you're off to a good start</p>

<p>how can you be certain as a sophomore in high school that Penn is right for you?</p>

<p>Trust me, get off CC. Live your life and have fun. Don't do anything just because it'll help your chances of getting into college. </p>

<p>My best advice to you is to not come back to CC until the end of your jr. year (actually, the best advise would be to never come back).</p>

<p>It's highly addictive and will warp your mind and your priorities. College shouldn't be anyone's top priority in life. </p>

<p>Get out while you can!</p>

<p>"It's highly addictive and will warp your mind and your priorities."</p>

<p>True.</p>

<p>Yes, your chances cannot be weighed on AP classes you hope to take and activities you plan on partaking in. Also, CC can be very addictive but I feel it all depends on the person. You have to get your priorities straight before deciding to sign up for CC or before you know it you'll go from a 4.84 gpa to a 2.0.:)</p>