Help with International Interviews

<p>One kid from my school applied to CALS (AEM) and he received an e-mail for an alumni interview a few days ago. I've applied to CAS and I haven't received any interview request. What does this mean? Does it mean that Cornell doesn't think that it's worthwhile to interview me or do they think that I don't need an interview? I'm an international by the way.</p>

<p>It means they weren't able to find alumni near you that they felt could interview me. Most alumni interviews are given to every applicant possible and an invitation into one does not usually have any bearing on your admission decision. Don't over think it.</p>

<p>No, there is an interviewer in my area, because a kid from my school got a call for an interview.</p>

<p>the interviews are more of an information session (unless you are going into the Hotel School). </p>

<p>That being said, the interviewer does write up a small report on you and send it to the school. In the admissions decision, they will only HELP if you have one, not hurt you.(unless your interview is really horrible).</p>

<p>In some rare cases, the school may call the interviewer and ask their personal opinion of the person if the admission decision is very boarder line (very rare though)...</p>

<p>All in All, they have some weight, but not really anything to be worried about. If you did not get one... its not a strike against you.</p>