helppp is my counselor obligated to include this?

<p>i lied to my parents about my grades and made a phony report card.. my parents took it to school and asked my guidance counselor about it.. my parents then talked to me about it but my guidance counselor never mentioned it to me.. is he going to include this as a shot against my integrity for college reccomendations? would that kill my chances at top notch schools even though i have pretty decent credentials?</p>

<p>what were you thinking? If your stats were okay, what were you thinking? You only lied to your parents, they will be the ones to punish you...what did they say to you?</p>

<p>i lied to compete with my sister.. i said i got a 1560 sat instead of a 1480 sat.. it was really really really dumb. they yelled at me and said i had no reason to lie.. so do you think this wll count against me in counselor recs?</p>

<p>....that is pretty awkward.</p>

<p>umm, talk to ur GC. Tell them you've changed. If they're nice they wont put it.</p>

<p>I had 3 ISS, and referals and crap. violent action and insubordination. No way any good college will accept me. I've changed this year. My GC says he probably wont write about it.</p>

<p>hah whoaa chanman..
this happened like months ago though and we've met a couple of times since then and he hasn't mentinoed it at all.. everythings' been like normal and stuff.. its kind of like smthn's looming over me though.. i dont know if it'll come back and bite me in the ass or not</p>

<p>and if colleges see something like taht, will it count hard against me?</p>

<p>Yeah it shows that your a liar that can't take responsibility for your own actions. You've got to look into it and see what your counselor suggests. I know someone who did something bad as well. What he did was lie (irony, no?) and say that he was applying to a summer program, and asked for a letter of rec from the counselor. When he got the letter, he just opened it. It glowed, and didn't mention his breach of integrity.</p>

<p>lied to ur parents..prolly not.</p>

<p>but MADE a phony report card...and if he reports this</p>

<p>colleges will think you're either</p>

<ol>
<li>really weird</li>
<li>stupid and silly</li>
<li>dont want someone who forges things</li>
</ol>

<p>so yea, doesnt make u look good.
just talk with ur GC and tell him how much u change/ realized you were wrong/never do it again/</p>

<p>"hah whoaa chanman..
this happened like months ago though and we've met a couple of times since then and he hasn't mentinoed it at all.. everythings' been like normal and stuff.. its kind of like smthn's looming over me though.. i dont know if it'll come back and bite me in the ass or not"</p>

<p>you mention it to him.</p>

<p>It probably won't...the GC told your parents, they dealt with it...end of story...you weren't lying to the school, or misrepresenting yourself to colleges (DONT), the counselor has probably let it go...you could say casually, "say you know, what I did was stupid, and we never talked about it, and I am pretty embarrassed. I just wanted to say sorry" You will get your answer by the counselor's reaction. You are owning up, not really asking for anything, and the counselor will respect that you apologized.</p>

<p>I agree. If this gets put on you're screwed and tatooed, destined for a community college... or a UC where they don't acks for letters of rec...</p>

<p>hmm okay thanks</p>