HEOP eligibility?

<p>Income eligibility how would it work if there are 4 people who in the household who have an income and one person doesnt work?</p>

<p>What would be the requirement?</p>

<p>income for a family of 4 is $32,790 with the following add-ons:</p>

<p>Add $5,570 for two workers or for one worker as sole support of a one-parent family</p>

<p>or </p>

<p>Add $2,790 for a household supported by one member working two or more jobs at the same time.</p>

<p>St</a>. Lawrence University: Higher Education Opportunity Program</p>

<p>No its not a family of 4. Its a family of 5.
4 people work and 1 does not work. What would be the income? Is it different? 2 parents work and 2 people work (Ages 18 and 20). One person does not. </p>

<p>What would be the income?</p>

<p>Google is your friend.... for 2009, it's $37,240 + $5,410 = $42,650 assuming that all 5 are actually dependent on your parents for support. Here's a link to the NYS HEOP brochure:</p>

<p><a href="http://www.highered.nysed.gov/kiap/pdf/HEOPWebBrochure2009.pdf%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.highered.nysed.gov/kiap/pdf/HEOPWebBrochure2009.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>Hopefully you realize that the participating schools have limited slots for HEOP students, often only a handful a year, and you must also be inadmissible under "normal" admissions criteria, which varies by school. So, meeting the income criteria is probably the easiest part of the HEOP process! Good luck!</p>

<p>Hmmm I already got in to an HEOP. I was just scared because i didnt know that my brothers income would come into effect? They live at home and they get: free rent, food, TV, and internet. I think my parents support them more than 50 percent. But they also have a somewhat close of an income of my parents. Does this come into effect?</p>

<p>Thank you very much for your help.</p>

<p>Looking at the chart in the link I provided you, would you qualify if the family size was 3 instead of 5? If so, chill out...if not, they're probably not providing more than 50% of their support if the kid is making an amount equal to the parents but I don't know what the ramifications are. You can call the HESC or your school's HEOP office and anonymously ask this question so you can decide how to proceed. My guess is that you're probably okay as schools have to make the determination on HEOP admissions and they first screen every HEOP app for income eligibility...but I know you'll want peace of mind before you start the summer sessions!</p>

<p>The HEOP office knows who I am and i think they will know my voice (I could ask one of my bro's to do it but they prob know the number 2). On tuesday im going to c my financial aid officer and ask him how to go about this. </p>

<p>The chart you provided just thinking hypothetically if i were in a family income of 3 i would have to plus 5,410 right to the base right?</p>

<p>Yes, if both of your parents work you will add the $5410 to the $26,420. So, if it's only you and two parents considered in household, will you meet the $31,830 limit?</p>

<p>Yea =). I guess it will work out then. Thanks. Really appreciate it. Take care. Off to church.</p>