Hey y'all it's -20 here in my igloo, my polar bear and I wonder where we should apply

<p>I moved from China to Alaska 6 years ago and since then it has slowly degraded me into a joyless and SAD person. I cannot wait to get out of this place because it is so terribly cold all the time.</p>

<p>I am mostly looking for a safety right now because I have a rough idea of which “reach” or “stretch” school I am going to apply to. I am currently rank 1 but I think it would be more like 4 or 5 when I graduate (I dont have the luxury to take 6 AP unlike some people). </p>

<p>Due to the gruesome cold and my lack of transportation, I am never too overly involved with community service, in the winter. I am a bunch of volunteer clubs but I say I contribute about 5 hours each month or so =). In the summer I bike around everywhere, my day is filled with 4-5 activities and I find it really fun because I see all these corpulent people barely fitting in their driver seat, sweating like pigs in front of a red light. </p>

<p>I got interested in finance because my dad loses his pocket money on stocks all the time and we all laugh at him. I am very sure about this because I am currently doing a mentorship program with a pretty big investment firm in our state and my mentor really have done a nice job at interesting me in this field (my randomly chosen portfolio is about 2000 points over the benchmark =D) So you see I am not one of those sports-jacket wearing blond brat whose daddy driver around in a lambo all day. My interest in not in the cash, but the rush. </p>

<p>I have done some basic researches on this and most college don’t have a finance major. Some people say go for polsci, or math, or stats, or econ. So I am pretty dazed by all this. I bet I have to drag myself into BS one day, so any experienced input would be nice.</p>

<p>Oh find me some place warm, by the coast would be nice. I enjoy the view of the sea.</p>

<br>

<br>

<p>Be patient. Global Warming should kick in any day now. :-)</p>

<p>Have you looked at some schools in the Western Undergraduate Exchange. You should be able to find a safety there.</p>

<p>if you’re grades are amazing, look at the University Of Pennsylvania, New York University, University Of Michigan - Ann Arbor, University Of Michigan - Ann Arbor, University Of Texas-Austin, or University Of California - Berkeley. These schools have the best finance programs</p>

<p>However if your grades aren’t good enough, I can also suggest some great schools. look at Texas (UT-Austin) as a safety</p>

<p>two of my friends in my science class went to michigan. They both study something physics related, I heard polsci is great in UM too. </p>

<p>Any good schools that’s closer to the sun, the coast I mean.</p>

<p>Well NYU is in a part of a coastal state and you are not far from the coast, but is does get cold in the winter, which only lasts around 3 months, but you may enjoy the diversity of the city. Plus if finance is your thing, what betterplace could you get a close up view.</p>