High paying jobs with a bachelors in Spanish?

<p>What are some jobs and heir average salaries? Im considering this because I think I'll enjoy studying this as compared to studying computer science (high paying, but difficult and boring)</p>

<p>¡Gracias! :)</p>

<p>Bumpo this thread</p>

<p>You should combine Spanish with another major such as economics or business (or, even, agricultual/resources economics, construction management, an engineering field, etc.). Some schools offer coursework in commercial Spanish and/or a combined program with business. Some other suggestions: Consider Latin American Studies as an alternative to a straight Spanish major, and learn Portuguese, too.</p>

<p>There are not many high paying jobs with a Spanish degree out there right now especially in this economy. </p>

<p>If this was the year 1997 and the economy was great I would be able to point you towards so many opportunities as a translator, government intern for Latin American / US relations, bilingual customer service representative / manager at a business, etc. About 13 years ago the opportunities out there for a person with a liberal arts degree were endless and quite frankly you could make a good living with a B.A in any of the liberal arts out of college. Now you have 3 choices if you want a shot at a "middle class" life with that kind of degree. </p>

<h1>1 Grad school which means getting an M.A or a PhD in Spanish.</h1>

<h1>2 Start low and work your way up slowly.</h1>

<h1>3 Double major in something that is going to compliment your skill set to make you are more marketable individual.</h1>

<p>At the moment I think that your best bet is to partner up your degree with a 2nd liberal arts major that maybe a bit more akin to the field you are interested in working in. If you want to be a teacher, get a BA in Education, if you want to work in public policy or in government get a BA in political Science. </p>

<p>Granted most of these jobs you will be starting at a modest 30-40k salary. (May not be high paying but its enough to live on). </p>

<p>If you want the big bucks sad to say you will have to either work your way up a very long ladder in a company or organization for many years to come before you make anywhere near the 70k+ or you could always get a degree in Business or Engineering both of which are practically guaranteed to get you a starting job of 50k+ out of college.</p>

<p>@calintz I couldn't have asked for a better response <3</p>

<p>What other majors work well with Spanish? For example, I'm interested in computer science. Is there any advantage in being fluent in Spanish in that field?</p>

<p>Like you said in #3, which majors would work well with Spanish that will make make me a more marketable individual?</p>

<p>First you have to figure out what you want to do in your life. Make sure that when you choose a major its something you have a passion for. This way you can not only be competitive but you will have more motivation to go above and beyond to impress academically and in your internships as well.</p>

<p>Computer science and Spanish are completely opposite ends of the spectrum. To be honest you will likely not run into many situations where they will over lap. A second language is never a waste however, you will likely find it very useful in many real life situations, especially when the Hispanic population is likely to be the majority over whites in the next 30 years in most states. Also consider that knowing a second language is a very marketable skill. </p>

<p>A degree that would work well with Spanish would be a degree that would have to do a lot with interacting with people. Teaching, social work, psychology, media, medical fields, etc. Likely degrees where you spend the majority of your time in front of systems, computers, and electronics using mathematical reasoning will not utilize your Spanish abilities at all. Unless you plan to move to a country where Spanish is the primary language.</p>