High Risk Drinking

<p>On the suggestion of a poster in the Parent Cafe, I listened to a "This American Life" episode on the heavy drinking culture at Penn State (rated the #1 Party School by Princeton Review):</p>

<p>This</a> American Life</p>

<p>Penn State reported a high-risk drinking rate of 54 percent in a 2009; the University of South Carolina reported a 58.8% rate in the spring of 2008.</p>

<p>What is the drinking culture like on campus? Is the university administration doing anything to address this very high rate of high-risk drinking?</p>

<p>Are you really curios about the drinking life on campus? If so just go out on a thursday or friday night to 5 points or just look at olympia and granby mills, you will see the drinking culture of USC. </p>

<p>As for doing anything, im not sure the school is directly doing anything besides teaching people in the University 101 about binge drinking. I mean its college (I know its a bad saying) but kids are going to do it. Its a good way to release stress and meet people.</p>

<p>I won't be in Columbia any time soon, so perhaps you can describe the atmosphere a little.</p>

<p>Theres a joke that you often dont remember youre nights after going to 5 points. Many people are very drunk, there are lots of people there and you see everyone you know. Its hard to explain, it is basically just a college party just in 5 points</p>