High School GPA? SATs?

<p>What is the average high school GPA for somebody who is accepted into Brown? If anybody who is a current or past Brown student reads this, what did you get in with?</p>

<p>Finally, does Brown superscore the SAT?</p>

<p>You might be able to find that info on the Brown website. I got accepted with a 4.0 unweighted. I am pretty sure they superscore, but I could be wrong.</p>

<p>From large publics, most the people here are above 3.9... probably most are above 3.95. But for the large percentage who came from either magnet schools or elite private schools, it seems like a 3.7ish isn't unusual. </p>

<p>Not to say a 4.0 is necessary for admission. It's a bit like the SAT: once you're getting primarily As/are in the top of your high school (which is different school to school), or above about a 2100 SAT, there's no point in worrying. You've distinguished yourself there about as much as matters. At that point it matters more how you distinguish yourself elsewhere. Just as a note: for 2013, only about 1/4 of the people accepted were valedictorians or salutatorians. But 74% of valedictorians and 81% of salutatorians were rejected. The difference between salutatorian and top 10% acceptance rate was only 5% (19% to 14%). What I'm getting at is that rank matters, but a less than you probably think it does (ie. don't have the "if I get a B i'm done"/"I can't take any unweighted classes cause it'll drop my class rank" attitude).</p>

<p>I had a 3.6 from one of those private schools and I had (by a non-negligible amount) the highest GPA of the 10 or so students in my year accepted to Brown. As chsowlflax17 said, it's how you've distinguished yourself elsewhere once you're at or near the top of your school (what constitutes near the top depends on your school) rather than just a number.</p>