High School is 3 years

<p>Will you guys still consider someone who decided to do normal high school in 3 years, and even graduates with more credits than needed?
With a good scores, and gpa, as well as extra curricular?</p>

<p>Are you talking to MIT admissions officers?</p>

<p>Definitely. A student from my high school technically didn't graduate, I think, but he was admitted to MIT and Princeton in his junior year.</p>

<p>
[quote]
Definitely. A student from my high school technically didn't graduate, I think, but he was admitted to MIT and Princeton in his junior year.

[/quote]
At my school as well, a class of '12 kid got into MIT and is going to be attending this fall (after his junior year). I'm not entirely sure if he technically graduated or took part in the graduation ceremony, but I guess it doesn't really matter.</p>

<p>You can read a blog entry of Matt McGann's on this topic [url=<a href="http://mitadmissions.org/blogs/entry/doogie_howser_et_al%5Dhere%5B/url"&gt;http://mitadmissions.org/blogs/entry/doogie_howser_et_al]here[/url&lt;/a&gt;].&lt;/p>

<p>Thank You!
I stayed wondering because a lot of people normally say schools don't like that since you do get the complete high school experience. </p>

<p>@garfieldliker Should i talk to the MIT Admission office?</p>

<p>
[quote]
Definitely. A student from my high school technically didn't graduate, I think, but he was admitted to MIT and Princeton in his junior year.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Are you from Mission San Jose, and could you possibly be referring to Bowei Liu? =x</p>

<p>^Yes and yes.</p>

<p>You can definitely apply after finishing high school in three years - or even being a normal junior in high school. A few of my friends (and Yan, the blogger) got accepted as juniors in high school, and skipped their senior year/getting that diploma thing to attend MIT.</p>

<p>Keep in mind that you'll be held up to the same rigorous standards, and Admissions will be looking to see that you exhausted your opportunities back home. (Though, applying as a junior won't hurt you if you get rejected and apply again as a senior, so.)</p>

<p>Not sure this info is helpful to you applying with a three-year program, but worth mentioning :P</p>

<p>If your senior year looks like it'll be boring and applying to MIT looks like a logical next step, then applying to MIT would make sense. If jumping into the MIT workload next year seems at all like a stretch, then you might want to consider other options.</p>

<p>I suggest applying a year early to local colleges that have an Early Enrollment program. (Early Enrollment--taking ALL of your classes at a university, like a normal college freshman, while still officially being a high school senior.) Some schools, like MIT and Caltech, will allow you to apply as a freshman (not transfer!) after completing a year at another university, but only if you do it through an Early Enrollment program. Keep in mind that other schools, like Princeton, will not.</p>

<p>I spent my senior year at Penn State as an Early Enrollment student and then started over as a freshman at MIT the next year. My experiences at PSU (college classes and research) were a lot more interesting than what I could have done as a high school senior. At the same time, I don't think I was ready for MIT's workload a year early; I'm glad I got used to the independence and style of learning of college somewhere else first.</p>

<p>Another option is Dual Enrollment, where you take some classes at a university and some at your high school. This usually makes more sense financially and takes less effort to get into than Early Enrollment.</p>

<p>The important thing is that MIT will consider each applicant identically. So the coursework and achievement that they are looking for in a junior applicant, is precisely the same as they are looking for in a senior applicant. There is no reason to stay an extra year at a school where you have exhausted the academic content. That being said, last year I interviewed a kid who had not exhausted the academic content at his school at all, but just decided to apply a year early. I was not at all surprised when he did not receive an offer of admission.</p>

<p>Well I guess my questions went more the other way of wanting to leave high school early and go to MIT. </p>

<p>I was asking in a way as if you skipped a high school year. (Freshman. Sophomore. Senior.) But you have the credits needed to graduate and apply to MIT. </p>

<p>I've just heard that a lot of universities hate that. I was wondering if MIT was one of them.</p>