Hills of Cornell

<p>Is it an uphill slope or a downhill slope if I'm walking from south/central campus to North Campus? </p>

<p>in other words, from campus rd to university avenue?</p>

<p>If I'm understanding correctly, slightly uphill. But nothing really noticable compared to the slope from west campus to central.</p>

<p>Ummm, University Ave is on west and central campus, and Campus Rd goes from west to central all the way to east-ish campus out near the vet school buildings. The slope will depend entirely on what parts of each road you're traveling between.</p>

<p>
[quote]
Is it an uphill slope or a downhill slope if I'm walking from south/central campus to North Campus?</p>

<p>in other words, from campus rd to university avenue?

[/quote]

Depends on where your starting and end points are. If you are coming from Duffield Hall and going to RPCC, then it's going to be uphill (Duffield to Rockefeller/Baker Lab), downhill (Baker Lab to Alumni House), uphill (Balch to RPCC).</p>

<p>oh sorry, i wasn't very clear, but fri3nds04 has it spot on (Duffield hall to Baker lab). unfortunately, it wasn't what i wanted to hear. lol.</p>

<p>vivace13 says it's SLIGHTLY uphill. can anyone testify to that? will actually have a noticeably more difficult time walking? lol, i'm aware that i must sound like a very lazy person, but i need to know for my own purposes.... also, how long does it take to walk from duffield hall to baker lab?</p>

<p>
[quote]
vivace13 says it's SLIGHTLY uphill. can anyone testify to that?

[/quote]

It's uphill, and not one of the worst. So, I guess it'll be considered to be so-so?

[quote]
will actually have a noticeably more difficult time walking?

[/quote]

Nope :)

[quote]
how long does it take to walk from duffield hall to baker lab?

[/quote]

10-12 mins? Something like that</p>

<p>Six minutes. Flat terrain.</p>

<p>just remember, if its uphill going in one direction, its downhill the other :)</p>

<p>its easier to walk back north from central campus (especially if you have a cozy bed waiting for you on north)</p>

<p>it tends to be that no matter what you do you end up walking uphill and downhill. north is on a slight hill and central is on a slight hill and so the bridge is formed in what might be a slight valley, so you do a little bit of both uphill and downhill. the extent varies on location though. like if you're coming from the ag quad you'd probably go by the footbridge which means walking to north would be a steep downhill slope (and then more graduated uphill walk once you cross the bridge).</p>

<p>whoever started making fun of parents for the whole "uphill both ways in the snow" thing obviously didn't go here</p>

<p>There are hills, and then there are hills.
Downtown Ithaca up to College Ave, now that's a hill.
On the other hand, North campus to anyplace else on campus East of Libe slope/ williard Straight Hall is no big deal in the least, even for me.</p>

<p>
[quote]
On the other hand, North campus to anyplace else on campus East of Libe slope/ williard Straight Hall is no big deal in the least, even for me.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>As I said: Flat terrain. All of North and Central is essentially on the same plateau.</p>