Holiday Surprises--Have You Heard Admission News that Shocked You?

<p>Well, okay, maybe “shocked” is a bit strong, but 'tis the season when admission verdicts start to roll in, and already I’m hearing reports of surprising outcomes … both good and bad. Sometimes these outcomes are surprising even to seasoned counselors whose crystal balls had showed different results. </p>

<p>While it’s too early to say for sure, I’m wondering if this year will bring more unpredictable admission decisions than in recent history.</p>

<p>Have other CC members been surprised by the news so far? If so, why?</p>

<p>I was accepted to Emerson on Monday and I was totally surprised. I thought I’d be deferred at best but my stats were almost exactly the college’s average. I applied EA so I thought that they would accept students with higher stats as their first candidates but I got in!</p>

<p>That’s a nice surprise, lilkickster9. In addition to your “stats” did you submit any supplementary materials (e.g., video, photos, etc.)?</p>

<p>I submitted a short story I wrote that won a small award at my school. Just heard from Lesley too and I got in with their highest merit scholarship!</p>