<p>
</p>
<p>I don’t have the patience to relisten to the tape, but I’m pretty sure the BF volunteered that “all we were doing was kissing” or something like that.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>I don’t have the patience to relisten to the tape, but I’m pretty sure the BF volunteered that “all we were doing was kissing” or something like that.</p>
<p>Incidentally, they maintain that the photos are not photos of sex. So, he wasn’t going to admit it then. But, witnesses disagree in gruesome detail.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>Your memory of 14 year old events notwithstanding, I don’t think there is any evidence that they were told to not intervene in crimes they witnessed for ethnic sensitivity or any other reason. </p>
<p>I can’t link it but have just listened to the audio of the handcuffing. She literally said, “I know my rights. I played a cop on TV.” omg.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>Other than the evidence that you are wrong. My memory is pretty good sometimes.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p><a href=“POLICE HUNT 7 MEN CAUGHT ON TAPE – WOMEN ID THEM AS MOLESTERS IN SEX-ABUSE HORROR”>http://nypost.com/2000/06/15/police-hunt-7-men-caught-on-tape-women-id-them-as-molesters-in-sex-abuse-horror/</a></p>
<p>
</p>
<p><a href=“http://www.nytimes.com/2000/06/19/nyregion/metro-matters-park-rampage-stirs-anguish-on-2-fronts.html”>http://www.nytimes.com/2000/06/19/nyregion/metro-matters-park-rampage-stirs-anguish-on-2-fronts.html</a></p>
<p>Of course the Police spokesman in that article said the unnamed officer was wrong.</p>
<p>Another thing I read was that a lot of the victims were white women and the perps were not white. I don’t know if the percentages were ever established, but if true, I guess that means the cops discriminated against white women in favor of non white criminals.</p>
<p>Your NYPost article also states:
</p>
<p>Someone’s lying, wonder if it’s the doesn’t-give-his-name cop or the law-and-order mayor? I am not sure how you can know.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>Hmm. You and your anonymous cop seem to be in a tiny minority on this. <a href=“The Central Park Rampage ”>http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/frame_game/2000/06/the_central_park_rampage.html</a></p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>“Guess” if that’s what you want to do but it may be better to watch what actually happened, most of both were Puerto Rican people of shades ranging from pretty light to pretty dark. Attack video begins around 4:35. <a href=“https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGPCIc4F26E”>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGPCIc4F26E</a></p>
<p>I was at that specific parade as a large part of my extended family is Puerto Rican. From my perspective, there were some problems (I also work along the St. Patricks day parade route and got mugged once because it is a zoo, also) and have always found the press reports at least somewhat overblown,</p>
<p>I’ve heard of the horror of NJ police profiling black motorists for about as long as I can remember but not this:
Not that it matters to the subject at hand necessarily, but those who obsess about profiling are no doubt better off for knowing of it.</p>
<p><a href=“http://www.laweekly.com/informer/2014/09/19/daniele-watts-denounced-by-black-leaders”>http://www.laweekly.com/informer/2014/09/19/daniele-watts-denounced-by-black-leaders</a></p>
<p><a href=“https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/actress-detained-police-refuses-apologize-010219616.html;_ylt=AwrTccY87xxUOxUAhA4PxQt”>https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/actress-detained-police-refuses-apologize-010219616.html;_ylt=AwrTccY87xxUOxUAhA4PxQt</a>.</p>
<p>Okay, it’s wrap. Her publicist says she plans to take no further action. Good call.</p>
<p>I will just note that we all lost interest in the Hollywood producer because he just wasn’t belligerent (or famous) enough to be fascinating.</p>
<p>No, he’s making a career for himself on the activisty speakers circuit. It’s actually going pretty well. The actress is a different story, though.</p>
<p>Civil rights leaders in LA have asked Watts to apologize to the police, saying they did nothing wrong. She has so far refused to apologize.</p>
<p>Never mind, was saying something about the Dayton shooting but that’s not really relevant to this thread.</p>
<p>Putting aside the validity or lack thereof of Danielle Watts’ claims, I would likely find any statements made by “civil rights leaders” in Los Angeles-- I specifically mean the folks who were poised to give Mr. Donald Sterling TWO HUMANITARIAN AWARDS-- irrelevant. LOL.</p>
<p>Yeah, those humanitarian awards were bought and paid for by Sterling, no question. The head of the local NAACP admitted it. </p>
<p>Well, if they have no credibility someone should tell Mr. Belk he’s wasting a lot of his time. He did dump the actress, though.</p>
<p>Anyone who questions whether the police ever treat blacks differently should take a look at the Columbia, SC police video. My personal belief is that too many police begin with the perception that blacks are more likely to be dangerous thugs than are white people. These folks don’t think of themselves as racist, and don’t hassle blacks out iof spite. But they approach situations through a lens that interprets the actions of blacks as more threatening than the same actions would be if the person were white. </p>
<p>This video is a perfect example. The officer asks the man, who has gotten out and is standing by his car, to produce his license. The black man reaches into his car, presumably to get his license, at which time the officer screams for him to get out of the car and starts to shoot him. It’s really amazing. The officer defends himself by saying the black guy “dove into” his car. You be the judge. How many shootings occur like this without a dash cam. </p>