DD applied RD and decided after the ED deadline had passed that HC was her top choice. So, while she has already been accepted at a number of schools and received nice merit money from a few, we are in a waiting game until mid-March. Any advice on how to increase her chances? Also, we can’t afford full tuition, but on paper won’t qualify for any FA. She has been furiously applying to outside scholarships.
She went to Open House in the fall, did an interview (not on campus), spent a weekend on campus with a friend, did the supplemental, is doing one of the online chats in a couple weeks and I did the parent letter. (as you can tell, we are fully vested in this ) We were thinking of e-mailing her admissions counselor but wondered what info would be helpful to include versus negatively impacting her chances.
UGPA: 3.96 / WGPA: 4.55 (as of now #1 in her class)
7 AP classes / 2 dual enrollment
Holy Cross Book Award
Lots of EC’s, leadership, community service and some outside awards
Attended West Point Summer Leaders Program last summer
Currently a regional semifinalist for the UVA Jefferson Scholarship (is including this info in a note to Admissions Counselor a bad thing? Barring scholarships, HC is her top choice.)
Any advice appreciated!