Hotel recommendations? - Prague and Luzern

<p>Hi,</p>

<p>I'm looking to book hotels in Prague and Luzern (Lucern, Switzerland) this summer. If anyone with first-hand knowledge can recommend a place they really enjoyed, that would be great. Hotels convenient for sight-seeing would be preferred as well as those delivering a good value for the money.</p>

<p>In Prague, we absolutely loved Pachtuv Palace when we stayed there two years ago. Centrally located, but on a quiet street with great views. Small and elegant, but in a low key way, with lovely service.</p>

<p>We are staying here in a couple weeks based on my research. It is right on the lake and about 3 miles from the center of town. </p>

<p>Seehotel</a> Hermitage Luzern - 4 Sterne Hotel in Luzern direkt am See</p>

<p>Thanks so much for the suggestions!</p>

<p>I'm new here, but just had to say that the Domus Henrici in Prague is fabulous. It's in the Hradcany neighborhood, small, quiet and totally delightful. At least it was when we were in Prague 10 years ago. It looks the same on the website!!</p>

<p>Rick Steves has some great rec's for Prague. We stayed at a delightful small hotel called The Yellow Boot (it actually has a Czech name but I can't remember it). Great value, and big rooms, in a really good location by the castle.</p>

<p>When we went to Prague a few years ago, we rented an apartment through one of those tourist apartment websites. It was fantastic, and much cheaper any hotel room. I suggest you look into it. We found it through tripadvisor, I believe. Try to stay in the old section. You could try my-prague-apartments.com.</p>