Housing Fees

<p>Hi everyone,
What will happen if I only gave the $200 deposit but not the housing fees? I'm international and do not plan to commute from home. For some reason I just forgot about the housing!!!
THANKS!</p>

<p>E-mail admissions (ASAP), tell them what happened, and tell them that the housing deposit check will be in the mail Monday - UPS or Fedex. Make sure that you include all your pertinant information with you check. The 200 will reserve your place in the class, but you want to make sure they process your housing request.</p>

<p>Good advice.</p>

<p>Keep in mind that colleges, outside the admissions selection process, are not in the business of messing with students any more than necessary. I'm sure you'll find a bit of humanity.</p>

<p>I might even follow up with a phone call, as email can get buried in an in box. Even from overseas, calls are pretty cheap.</p>

<p>Remember that a lot of kids live off campus, so without the housing deposit, that is what they will think that you are planning. So make sure they know you want to live on campus ASAP and send that check in overnight!</p>

<p>
[QUOTE]
Remember that a lot of kids live off campus, so without the housing deposit, that is what they will think that you are planning. So make sure they know you want to live on campus ASAP and send that check in overnight!

[/QUOTE]
</p>

<p>Incorrect. As a first year, you must live on campus unless your parents or legal guradians live in the Chicagoland area. They will not assume he is living off campus.</p>

<p>Thanks for your advice..! I think I'd better act quick before they revoke their offer of admission!</p>

<p><em>quickly</em>=)</p>