How accurate is collegeboard.com?

<p>I usually use information about colleges on collegeboard.com. But the information is totally different than princetonreview.com. I would assume that collegeboard.com updates their information more because you use you SAT scores through collegeboard, but is it accurate with all of the college information like admissions, at a glance info, and campus life?</p>

<p>don't trust CB....
don't trust CB....</p>

<p>Well I do know that collegeboard is accurate with information of a schools admission etc... though the information collegboard provide can range from about 1-3 years old.</p>

<p>I've seen a lot of problems on CB and don't really ever use it anymore.
Go with lifegr on this.</p>

<p>noway lol
they even had wrong deadlines for some schools
I followed their deadlne for this school and ended up submitting the app weeks later
don't trust CB so much</p>

<p>I have come to like the format of College Data. I don't know exactly how to maneuver from school to school so I just google college data and the school name</p>

<p>

College Board is much more reliable than Princeton Review.</p>

<p>College Board gets its data from the Common Data Sets, which are directly filled out by the colleges themselves. Sometimes this data is a year or two old, but it is still the most accurate information available without going directly to a college's website.</p>

<p>IPEDS is also extremely accurate:
<a href="http://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>Collegeboard is correct about admission information, usually represnted on their "At a glance" page. Though the information given is typically 1-3 years old.</p>

<p>CB's total CoA for UC Berkeley: $21,800 or so.</p>

<p>UC Berkeley's actual CoA: $31,000.</p>

<p>Just an example.</p>

<p>^
That's because collegeboard didn't factor in housing etc..</p>

<p>

Misrepresentation. Let's break it down.</p>

<p>Tuition
$8325 (CB 09/10)
$10938 (Berkeley 10/11) </p>

<p>Housing/Food
$15308 (CB 09/10)
$15308 (Berkeley 10/11)</p>

<p>Books
$1306 (CB 09/10)
$1314 (Berkeley 10/11)</p>

<p>Transportation
$614 (CB 09/10)
$618 (Berkeley 10/11)</p>

<p>As you can see, the College Board data is (despite being a year old) almost exactly correct with the exception of tuition (which was correct for fall 2009) - and that is because the UCs raised tuition for the fall of 2010 by roughly $2000.</p>