How bad is a 2.9 GPA?

<p>How bad is a 2.9 GPA in college?</p>

<p>Bad enough to not get accepted to top universities.</p>

<p>Is it bad? Compared to what? Is it good enough to get you into a college that will continue to help you grow and mature as a scholar and individual? Sure. Make an appointment with your guidance counselor to get some great leads. Good luck to you.</p>

<p>I thought you had a cumulative gpa of 2.4. One course grade of an "A" is not going to bring it up to a cumulative gpa of 2.9.</p>

<p>Give it a try and don't listen to the nay-sayers.</p>

<p>I mean, if you're in college already, that's one thing. In general, a 2.9 isn't terrible but it sure as hell isn't too hawt either. There's more room for improvement than there is to reach a low of a 2.0</p>

<p>Cheshire, you have less than 30 college credits. When you transfer with so few credits completed, colleges are still going to heavily weigh your high school record and your SAT/ACT scores (as well as your cumulative college gpa) when they evaluate your application. If you want to have more choices in transfer schools, then you should stay at community college until you have earned at least a minimum of 30 credits. This will also give you time to work at getting your cumulative GPA over 3.0. With 30+ credits completed, many transfer schools with look more carefully at your college record than your high school record when they review your application.</p>

<p>For someone trying to get into a topflight school, it's not good at all.</p>

<p>However, if someone is simply in college to get a degree, then get out and get a job, then it's somewhat passable, but that depends on the position.</p>

<p>Nysmile, my GPA will and should go up to a 2.9. Both me and my adviser calculated it.
And ksarmand, I am not looking into top universities. I am looking into 2 public state schools with the acceptance rate between 61% and 66%, and 2 in state private schools with the acceptance rate between 65% and 73%.
With the one public school, if you have at least 15 transferable credits, your SAT scores are not required. I will have 18 transferable credits by the time I apply. And on the website it states that the average GPA for transfers is a 3.0, but my cousin goes there and she told me that she knows people that have transferred with a 2.6 GPA.</p>