How can an average student get into Cornell?

<p>How can an average student get into Cornell? Are there any study habits/techniques that helped people get in? How can an average student achieve this goal?</p>

<p>Hypothetically, would a 3.5 college tier one national school accounting student have a chance of transferring to Cornell or even attending for graduate school?</p>

<p>options:
1. cure cancer
2. donate a building and name it after yourself.
3. be a nationally ranked athlete</p>

<p>just kidding. i think you'd already have a decent chance actually. i just think it's kind of foolish to ask for magic habits/ techniques
good luck!!</p>

<p>Hypothetically, yes.</p>

<p>Seriously, get the best grades you can at your tier 1 school, get involved outside of the classroom. My D was a volunteer tax preparer for low income people for 3 yrs at Cornell. She was (I say was--she graduated yesterday!!!!) not even an AEM major. Look for things like this at your school. </p>

<p>It's not about a habit or technique. It's about wanting it and working to get it. As is often said, show it's a fit with you and Cornell.</p>

<p>I tried to surround myself with my goal. For me, I really wanted to go to Penn and the Wharton school of business. I put a Penn poster on my wall in my room, it was the background of my phone and it surrounded my school stuff. Basically, I got obsessed. The reason for this was because it gave me a ton of motivation to keep working towards my goals. I would see this when I didn't wanna do homework and it would push me. I unfortunately didn't get into Penn this year, but it helped me get into Cornell and I'm very happy with the results. I wish you luck and remember, when one door closes another opens. Once again, good luck!</p>