How can I include my potential National Merit Commendation in the Common App?

<p>We will not know this for another few months. The ED is due on Nov 1. What should I do?</p>

<p>Don't they send them out in September? If so, you'll know way ahead of time.</p>

<p>Also, did you get that letter about submitting your PSAT score to two colleges of your choice for free? It listed that I was in the top 50,000 with my embarrassing score of 208, and that a certain percentage would move onto the next level of the scholarship while the rest were "Commended." </p>

<p>(So I've already put on my resume that I was a National Merit Commendation...I hope I don't jinx it!)</p>

<p>you can also send in a note to the admissions after you file your application to let them know.</p>

<p>^ Nah... that just distracts them. </p>

<p>If you're applying to somewhere top 15, it won't even impress them a little.</p>

<p>If you know you aren't going to be National Merit semifinalist (For instance, if your state's cutoff usually is something like 215, and you have a 208), and you were in the top 50,000, you already could list yourself as being "Commended".</p>

<p>You should find out in September, so you will have pleanty of time to include it in your app. Plus, if you already got the letter of recognition in April, but know your score is not high enough to put you in semifinalist standing, you can be sure that you are commended, and put it down. But I urge you to wait until you know for sure in September before submiting your app.</p>

<p>I think you'll find out about it before the ED deadline.</p>

<p>

Wrong, do include it. It may not be impressive at all, but every bit helps. It at least tells the ad. com that you are one of the top students in your state.</p>

<p>Agreed, otherwise they'll just assume you didn't even get commended and are even less impressive.</p>