How can you tell if a shy guy likes you?

<p>Now, I don't mean "shy" as in socially awkward.</p>

<p>I mean as in inexperienced & clueless around girls. </p>

<p>For example, the guy I like is 17, almost 18. (I'm a girl)
We are upcoming seniors & neither one of us has been in any kind of relationship.</p>

<p>He is nice, polite, respectful, and very well-liked; he's not ant-social at all, but certainly not the class clown or anything. He has no trouble interacting with new people.
However he is very conservative & a devout Catholic, so that may have something to do with it.</p>

<p>We see each other everyday, but it seems like he acts different around me.
I don't know how to explain it. We never talk unless he approaches me first. (I'm really shy)
& even then, it doesn't really get anywhere.
There are other signs (I won't go into detail) of the possibility of him liking me.</p>

<p>But generally speaking, how do shy guys act around girls they like?</p>

<p>Do they completely ignore them?
Look at them when they're not looking?</p>

<p>What do you think? What are some other signs?</p>

<p>Second one for sure. Usually not the first, but if you mean by ignore as in sort of avoid talking to you, yeah.</p>

<p>Not complete avoidance, just not taking the initiative? idk.</p>

<p>My boyfriend is * painfully * shy. I noticed he got a "deer in the headlights" look whenever he saw me. He got nervous and stuttered a little. He looked around a lot and tapped his foot. General nerves I suppose. But, I'm getting to know him and he's a good guy.<br>
Just ask him on a single lunch date; if he attempts to pay make sure that you have your own money so that the pressure's off and that it's a "friend" date. I know it sounds daunting, scary, etc. but one date won't hurt. Practice asking your friend(s) out. Get a "script" going. That's what helped me (this was with another guy - not my current boyfriend).</p>

<p>Go for it! You're holding back from initiating a conversation? Life is short, and I'm sure he already likes you. He's waiting for you to show him you're interested too. As a shy girl once myself, I regret so many missed opportunities. Don't do that to yourself. And it starts by dropping the description of "I'm really shy". Build your confidence and start to enjoy life.</p>

<p>Vertigo is right. He will have a deer in the headlights look, most likely avoid eye contact for the most part, and seem like he doesn't know what to say. Trust me, I am that guy! </p>

<p>Consider yourself Behind Enemy Lines o.O</p>

<p>The guy will be nervous as hell, and you can notice it.</p>

<p>I just get really nervous and sort of tense up. I consider myself very shy, so I know what it's like. He'll probably look at you and turn away if you look at him.</p>

<p>
[quote]
Consider yourself Behind Enemy Lines o.O

[/quote]

This made me chuckle; it has to be pertinent within the context of the "girls vs guys" thread. Girls ** are ** robots constructed by the Soviet Union (yes, it exists again).</p>