How can you tell what percentile you scored when you took test in 1992?

Is there a place where one can research if he/she scored in the top 20th percentile if he/she took the test in 92? Any thoughts…

Why would you want to know?

Not a clue.

But I’ve got to ask: why does a 40something year old care what percentile they were in 23 years ago?

Ready for stupid?? My school district is rewarding high level teachers (based on student data and observations) who scored in the top 20th percentile when they took the SAT/ACT. Rewarding me from something that has nothing to do with now…Got to love Florida.

OK… I knew there had to be a real reason.

It seems to me that they should have the conversion tables. There should be a LOT of teachers in your age group who want to know.

Have you tried contacting the College Board?

not yet. I was just going to turn in my scores and take a shot at it. It will be quite a pay out. I know on SAT I scored a 1010. On act, I think I scored a 25?? I don’t think that will be top 20th percentile. Not sure.

For old SAT scores, be sure to take into account the recentering if you wish to compare them with newer scores.
http://research.collegeboard.org/programs/sat/data/equivalence

I hope the administrator who came up with this bright idea gets the award for top imbecile of the year. ACT publishes annual date on percentiles for its tests and for 2014 a 25 was the 79th percentile. It has date on its cite going back to 1997 but apparently not before. In 1997, a 25 was the 82nd percentile http://www.act.org/newsroom/data/1997/t1.html. Based on that info I would guess a 25 was in the top 20% in 1992.

Get the money now. They’ll soon realize what a stupid idea this is.

Thanks for the information. I will submit my name just in case!! Doesn’t hurt!