How dangerous is it to take Math II only?

<p>I know Math I and Math II count as only one test, but none of people I know took only Math II. When asked, they simply said that taking both is a safe. So is it OK if I take only Math II or please tell me any other reasons you guys take both tests? </p>

<p>Thanks first.</p>

<p>Taking Math II is usually sufficient! Math II is a higher level than Math II; the point of subject tests is to demonstrate proficiency in a multitude of subjects, so taking two tests in math is slightly redundant.</p>

<p>the Math I test is useless as it covers the same topics as teh Math section of the SAT. Take Math II</p>

<p>Thank you guys :)
Btw, is Math II's curve easy, let's say, when compare with Math section of the SAT or SAt II Chem?</p>

<p>Is been known to have a generous curve.</p>

<p>Extremely dangerous. Like, I heard about one guy that did it and it literally exploded on him.</p>

<p>@christian soldier: lulliez
congrats on princeton, bro.</p>

<p>Um, why don't you just take it and if you do horrible, take Math I.</p>

<p>I don't know anyone who took Math I and Math II (not even in different sittings).</p>

<p>im confused about math 1 and math 2</p>

<p>is math 1</p>

<p>complex algebra/geometry</p>

<p>and math 2</p>

<p>trigonometry and higher levels of algebra</p>

<p>can anyone explain to me the differences?</p>

<p>Math 1 goes to algebra II and geometry, while Math 2 goes into more broad topics such as trigonometry and precalculus.</p>

<p>I know someone who took both Math I and Math II in one sitting but I honestly have no idea why. I think many people who are aiming for the Ivies and schools of similar caliber take math II without math I.</p>

<p>If it makes a difference, I took math II this morning and I'm not planning on taking I.</p>

<p>It is not "dangerous" to take Math II. If you feel you can eke out a decent score for your purposes - I am a humanities person and sweated droplets of blood in the terror that I would not score a 700 - then just take the exam. Taking both is rather redundant.</p>

<p>^Thanks. I know it's redundant. I just confused because many of my friends take both of them.
@Christiansoldier: sorry, can you explain more? what is 'extremely dangerous'??</p>

<p>
[quote]
I just confused because many of my friends take both of them.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Well, some people try to increase their chances of getting a high score on one of the exams by taking both. I just think it's more stressful and not worth the effort. If you have the knowledge necessary for Math II, then take the exam - it's a worthwhile way of gauging what you have learned in the last few years, anyway.</p>

<p>Yes, I am pretty good on Math. Then Math II :). Thank you, ksarmand.</p>