How difficult is SAT II : Literature?

<p>If you've taken the test before, how hard was it?</p>

<p>I'm planning to take it will just a little self-study. I've heard it really resembles the SAT critical reading...is that true?</p>

<p>There's a lot of poetry...definitely go through a few practice tests beforehand so you know what you're getting in to. I went into it blind and didn't do as well as I'd hoped/wanted. (And normally I'm pretty strong in critical reading-type tests0</p>

<p>Bump.</p>

<p>Is knowing this list like the back of your hand a pretty good indicator of a high score on the SATII lit? <a href="http://www.chaparralpoets.org/devices.pdf%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.chaparralpoets.org/devices.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>If not, could anyone add some words, or online lists, that would cover what this list does not?</p>

<p>I did not find it too difficult, though some do, and I imagine luck also plays a role. It is definitely similar to SAT CR, though it is more difficult than that, and has poetry. Perhaps more like the multiple choice in AP Lit, if you've taken that.
To the poster above me: I don't think lists of literature devices are all that helpful, to be honest, though I suppose knowing them doesn't hurt. It's more about whether you can understand and interpret the piece of work...knowing what an allegory is isn't going to help much if you can't spot it in the text.</p>

<p>Not bad... I actually really enjoyed the passages. I didn't do that well (730) but it was the third one I took that day, so I'm not surprised. If you're good at English, you'll do well. If you're not, it will be slow torture.</p>

<p>Good luck!</p>

<p>I usually do well with CR, but I took a Princeton Review practice test today and it was indeed slow torture.</p>

<p>Possibly thee most annoying thing i've done in a while. The poetry was not too difficult but some of the passages, especially this one from a play and another from some Southern narrative, were incredibly random and the questions they asked on these passages were ridiculous.</p>

<p>I know its probably different from the CB test, but allegory was on mine twice, while you didn't really need to know any other literary term as the only other that appeared was alliteration.</p>

<p>It's also up to luck, what kind of passages and poetry you'll get.
I was so lucky that I got a series of eerily beautiful and fascinating works on the AP English Literature exam.
That may not be the case for the SAT Lit exam, which forces you to work quickly and pace yourself.</p>

<p>luck is indeed a big factor...i would definitely consider myself a well-read person, i took a couple practice tests before and ended up with a 730...which, incidentally, is in the 91 percentile so it's not THAT bad.</p>

<p>i have 800 Math IIC and 790 world history tho, so i'm ok ^_^</p>

<p>basically, if you like to read and are good at SAT I CR, take it. you should be fine.</p>

<p>It's more difficult than the CR on the SAT. I studied for about a week before the actual test and you don't know how stressed out i was. Here's a tip: I think no matter what book you study out of, it OVER prepares you for the SAT II Lit. Seriously, the actual test isn't even that hard. I barely studied and got a 770</p>