How do I apply to a college out of the country?

I am a Californian resident who will be applying to colleges this upcoming autumn. I plan to apply to all of the UCs and several state schools. However, I’m sorta interested in colleges out of the country. How do I apply to a Canadian college? Are there any colleges in Canada that you would recommend? I plan on becoming a veterinarian, but I would have to complete my undergrad first.

The only UC that offers veterinary is UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine
EditWatch this page

First of all, WHY do u want to go to a college out of the country? If u just want to experience another culture, then there are many other avenues to do that. And Canada is hardly a “foreign” culture.

@GMTplus7 Maybe because some colleges in Europe offer free tuition. I know all universities in Germany have adopted such a policy.

@outlooker its harder to get into as an international student

By the time you add up the considerable cost of travel and living expenses, college in Europe will be far from “free”

What’s your parents’ budget? UC GPA? SAT/ACT scores? Any AP?

Again, WHY do u want to go to a college out of the country? If u just want to experience another culture, then there are many other avenues to do that.

@GMTplus7 Why is the reason so important? Maybe they like Canada, want to live there after graduation, have family there (I know a girl from my NJ high school going to school in Canada near family), etc.

Not too familiar with the Canadian system, OP, but I’ve heard great things about McGill.

This is very basic. You go to each university’s website and click on “Admissions”. If you are going to go to school outside of the US (or even in the US) you need to be able to answer questions like this by yourself.

If you want to get into a US vet school then you should go to undergrad in the US.

Canadian schools may be acceptable to US vet schools.

Some majors at McGill may be about as cheap tuition-wise as CA in-state. In the Arts & Arts&Sciences, though, not Sciences.