How do i obtain a full list of Math PhD programs?

<p>I have been guiding myself from the USNews Math Grad rankings, in which there's 127 ranked programs and 37 unranked giving a total of 164.</p>

<p>I'm wondering if there are other programs which are not present in the USNews rankings?</p>

<p>Also, is there some kind of search tool for phd programs? I'm doing this manually, looking at each university, seeing where it is located (only want programs in the East Coast and California), then looking at their research etc... Basically would love a search tool that I could put all the states in the East Coast and get back a list.</p>

<p>this is a comprehensive data base of all PHD programs, sortable by subject area. I dont know if is sortable by geographic area </p>

<p>Assessment</a> of Research-Doctorate Programs</p>

<p>then there is this:</p>

<p>Find</a> the Graduate School That's Right for You — PhDs.org Graduate School Guide</p>

<p>I highly doubt that there's a comprehensive list online. The National Research Council data is not complete (for example, Palo Alto University and the University of San Francisco did not participate) and US News isn't either (e.g. Bryn Mawr and Villanova are not included among math graduate programs). </p>

<p>That being said, if you are looking for larger PhD programs, both lists will have most of the main programs that you'd be interested in. Bryn Mawr, for example, only takes 1-2 new graduate students each year and Villanova only offers Master's degrees. Maybe those are the reasons why US News chose not to include them in the first place.</p>

<p>palo alto university? what is that? never heard of it..........</p>

<p>Palo Alto University is the new name of the former Pacific Graduate School of Psychology. Stanford hires quite a few of their graduates. </p>

<p>It's not directly relevant to the OP because they don't have graduate degrees in mathematics; however, they do have a fairly large PhD program in clinical psychology that doesn't appear in the NRC database.</p>

<p>doesn't appear in the NRC database.
maybe that's because of the name change?</p>

<p>The former name isn't in the database either. And it's not like it's the only university whose graduate programs were not evaluated by NRC.</p>