How do most people loft the beds

<p>The pictures show that the beds can be lofted at 2 different heights. Both look like the height underneath would be pretty claustrophobic. Do most people have their desk at the end facing out and their dresser underneath, or what?</p>

<p>I have never seen anybody face the desk out. I am not even sure if you can. All I've seen is the bed with the desk and dresser underneath both facing in, or the dresser and bookcase underneath. From what I could tell in my dorm last year, it seemed like everybody did the half-loft unless their room was really small-- whichcase they did a full loft. I didn't loft at all.</p>

<p>You have to be careful to not bump your head when you stand up if the bed is lofted, but when you're sitting down you don't really notice it.</p>

<p>You can loft your bed with both the desk and the dresser facing out.</p>

<p>What is a half loft? One bed lofted and the other bed normal?</p>

<p>That's just the term I've been using.. You have a dresser with three drawers and a bookcase that attaches to the top. The bookcase is the same height as the dresser. If you have your bed "fully" lofted, as I would call it, you have the dresser/bookcase attached and on one side of the bed and the desk on the other side, so your bed is quite high off the ground-- you need a ladder to climb up. You also have the option to detach the bookcase from the dresser and put one on either side under the bed, which lifts the bed about three feet off the ground but it's not like the "full" loft where you need the ladder and everything to climb up. That is what I saw a lot of my neighbors doing last year.</p>