How does Carolina view Veterans for admissions purposes?

<p>I am planning on applying to USC in a few weeks after I take my ACT. I graduated high school in 2006 and joined the Marine Corps. I will be discharged honorably in June of 2011 and plan to attend the Fall 2011 semester. In high school I was an a good student getting B's and A's but no honors classes or extracurriculars. I'm taking the ACT Sept 11th and expect to do fairly well(mid 20's). Will my military experience help me out during the admissions process, mostly making up for my lackluster high school performance? Also, are there any veterans on here going to Carolina?</p>

<p>edit: I should also add I have some college credit already, mostly from elective classes taken during high school (auto shop and and aviation class offered at the local community college for high school and college credit) and a statistics and basic computers class I took this spring from a school that gives classes on base. I received a B in stats and a C in the computer class.</p>

<p>First of all, thank you so much for your service. You really should talk to the admissions department directly but I feel confident they will encourage you. I can tell you my daughter has mentioned several young men in her classes that were recently in the military. Good luck.</p>

<p>I would say that your service would be seen very positively by admissions, though I think best way to increase your chances is to get higher SAT and ACT score. USC seems to prefer the former, by the way. I doubt the classes you took will exempt you from any courses, but USC might use them to increase your class standing. Good luck and again, thank you for your service.</p>

<p>you might have a different path to admissions than a traditional undergrad, being out of high school since 2006.talk to admissions..you might be considered an "adult learner " for admissions...I think they would view your service to the country quite favorably.</p>