How humid is Duke?

<p>I was wondering how humid duke is during the summers compared to southern california.
Do classes end before the humidity starts? Thanks.</p>

<p>Definitely more humid than SoCal (at least when I went to SoCal) and no, the humidity starts a bit before school ends.</p>

<p>It's humid for about the first week or two but after that it's like beautiful California weather :)</p>

<p>Duke in the summer is pretty miserable, particularly if you have an apartment w/out air conditioning (BTDT.)</p>

<p>Fortunately, I don't think there are many halfway decent apartments in Durham w/o air conditioning.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Fair statement. Winter and spring weather in the SoEast is similar to (but slightly less "dry" than) weather in SoCal (in that time of year). The significant difference in humidity is mostly during the summer and beginning of fall.</p>

<p>idk winter might be a bit harsher in Durham than say...San Diego. I remember flying out of RDU in mid-November wearing a hoodie and jeans and landing in San Diego to greeted by t-shirt/shorts weather. Certainly improved my perception of the west coast.</p>

<p>Oh, I was talking more about humidity (not temperature) levels. But I agree, SoCal weather is very nice all year round.</p>