<p>I have heard about UCLA’s notorious faculty, stimulating women, and splendiferous medical center. But what about researching at a lab at UCLA, how easy is it to obtain such a rewarding intellectual experience?</p>
<p>Well it’s certainly not as “incredibly easy” as you worded it in the topic title.</p>
<p>Well, then how difficult is it, exactly? I also see that you’re in UCLA neuroscience, a field I am also interested in. How is it?</p>
<p>something about this whole post really creeps me out.</p>
<p>“stimulating women”</p>
<p>:)</p>
<p>It’s easy if you have the hook-ups :), (P.S I have the hook-ups lolz)</p>
<p>How do you get these “hook-ups” as you call them?</p>
<p>Getting a research experience takes a lot of effort in bugging professors until they say yes. As one of my professors said: “If you didn’t get a research opportunity of your choice [given it exists at your university], you’re not trying hard enough.”</p>
<p>Office hours, events, and e-mails are how to get “hooked-up.” (I realize this isn’t the same as what overchiever92 is saying.)</p>