How likely am I to get a Merit Scholarship score by October?

<p>My Latest/Current PSAT Scores:</p>

<p>Math: 66
Writing: 67
CR: 51 (I know, that's what I'm working on; its going well)</p>

<p>The latest minimum qualifying score for my state (New York) was 219. How likely am I to get around that by the middle of October, if I continue to study everyday? I'm a medium-paced learner; I don't take forever, nor am I a genius. </p>

<p>This was from an online Kaplan Practice Test. I also use the blue book from the CollegeBoard. </p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>Unlikely, unless you study furiously. The only reason why I said unlikely because you only have 2-3 months, and you are a medium-paced learner, and improving a score by around 30-40 might prove to be difficult. </p>

<p>However, nothing is impossible, and IceQube stated he increased 500 points over the summer. Just try your hardest.</p>

<p>Good luck, and I am also from New York, so I have to work extremely hard to reach that goal of around 220 by Junior Year.</p>

<p>Your PSAT score reminds me of my PSAT score from sophomore year. Actually, your PSAT score is within a couple of points of mine :o! </p>

<p>You can do it :)! </p>

<p>I see that you've already signed up for the Kaplan online course - is that how you accessed their online test? If so, your well on your way to a 219!</p>

<p>Okay, I totally agree. NY's PSAT score is INSANE. It's close to perfect score.</p>

<p>But anyway I don't think you will be able to make it unless you study non-stop. But you will be really close, like 205-215</p>

<p>Aw, okay. Well, I have good news :)
My Critical Reading score went up to a 570 :)
I just finished a practice SAT from the college board's blue book, and went online for them to score my stuff.</p>

<p>Also, how hard will it be for me to increase my score at this point? I think it will be easier for me to get my score up now because I'm a bit ''smarter'' now than when I started studying for the PSAT/SAT.</p>

<p>Before anything else I would focus on the writing section; writing is far and away the easiest section to improve. I went from a 60 on my soph PSAT to consistent 78-80s on my official practice PSATs, without very much direct prep. There's a couple tricks they recycle over and over and over and they become almost cheesy once you get used to them.</p>

<p>Writing is by far the hardest^
Seriously, I read these sentences and they sound perfectly fine,
except they have a sub-verd disagreement D:</p>

<p>Math is by far the easiest</p>

<p>I agree, writing and math are easiest for me. Passages=OK. Sentence Completion throws me off most.</p>

<p>Study DH words. (:</p>

<p>Pretty sure that will help!</p>

<p>I've started to :)</p>

<p>Good luck! :D</p>

<p>Depending on what state you live in, you may only need a 20 or so increase. Oh, just saw you are in NY. Still, possible. Just study. Good luck!</p>

<p>lol everyone should move to Wyoming, its national merit is like 202</p>

<p>XD</p>

<p>JK</p>

<p>^ But then Wyomings merit level will increase. Cut-offs change based on the amount of high level scores in the state.</p>

<p>I know your joking but just saying :)</p>

<p>Then we move back to New york^</p>

<p>No...don't move here...we also have these state exams called Regents. I actually started studying for the SAT about a year ago, but it really doesn't seem like it because I had to stop in the middle of March to study for my state exams :(</p>

<p>^ I know right... I hate the regents. Useless piece of tests forced upon us by the state.</p>

<p>Haha yeah I lived in new york. Then I moved.</p>

<p>But really even if my state is a bit easier, it's not worth it. New york is such an amazing place (: (Or at least where I was from- NYC)</p>

<p><em>clicks the imaginary ''like'' button on that</em></p>