How many APs Junior Year?

<p>My school offers 16 AP Courses (5 of which are language based, 3 are art/computer based). </p>

<p>I am thinking of taking
-AP Lang & Comp
-APUSH
-AP Stat
-AP Calc BC
-AP Environmental Science or Advanced Standing (Not AP) Physics
-Spanish IV</p>

<p>Is this good enough for college apps on the top ranked colleges?
Or is it overkill for Junior year?</p>

<p>I realize courses are different in every class, but I need any opinion I can get.</p>

<p>Haha this is pretty similar to my schedule! I'm a current junior looking at top colleges as well (: My school offers pretty much every AP except for a few obscure languages and EnviroSci...as a junior this year I am taking AP English Lang, APUSH, AP Calc BC, AP Spanish, and AP Chemistry. The courses are pretty tough but it's manageable with enough effort. I definitely don't think it's overkill, and selective colleges prefer that you challenge yourself with your school courses!</p>

<p>My school doesn't offer too many :/.
E.Sci is new this year, I believe.
I guess it's not really a notorious AP though.</p>

<p>Thanks for your opinion! :)</p>

<p>No prob! Haha I'm from Norcal too...small world (:</p>

<p>And 16 APs is actually a pretty good amount for a school to offer!</p>

<p>AP Envi Sci is known for being the easiest AP science. The AP test is also very easy. AP Stats is not that difficult and neither is APUSH. As long as you're good at calculus, that schedule will be fine. Calc is known for being the grade killer though...</p>

<p>^I must disagree, it really depends school to school. My school's APUSH is very difficult, as is our Calc, yet at other schools I've heard Calc and even Physics are easy A's. It really depends on every individual school and teacher as to how hard the class will be. But yeah, AP Enviro Sci seems like more of a common sense subject, kind of like Human Geo. Those are considered the two "easiest" APs.</p>

<p>Yes grading varies from school-to-school, but as a general rule, Calc is known for being difficult. APUSH is just straight up memorization. </p>

<p>As far as taking the AP tests goes, APUSH is pretty easy. Calc, less so.</p>

<p>APUSH is notoriously difficult at my school, it's the one I'm debating most on.
AP Envi Sci, I think I'll skip. I'm taking calc AB this year, so I think I can do well in physics. </p>

<p>I'm going to run out of math classes to take by senior year :p.</p>

<p>I'm a senior who's competitive for top schools (already EA admit at Georgetown and UChicago) and this looks even a bit tougher than my schedule was! Last year I had Spanish III, AP English Comp, APUSH, Honors (really AP) Chem, Precalc (through the local university for credit), and AP Psych; I self-studying AP US Gov. This year I have AP Enviro Sci, AP Spanish, AP English Lit, AP Calc AB, and AP Studio Art plus the stupid required "senior classes" (civics, sr. econ, etc.).</p>

<p>But honestly? Don't focus so much on taking a ****load of APs. I did it because I hate being surrounded by dumb people, because my friends were in them, and because they honestly sounded more interesting than not. Colleges won't be that impressed by one extra AP.</p>

<p>Does your school offer Multivariable Calculus? That would be great for senior year! Not an AP but much more advanced than Calc AB/BC.</p>

<p>^^Agree with shorecrest, on that note, I took one AP class last year and got admitted EA to Stanford, no hook involved. You don't need to overload yourself.</p>

<p>My reasonings:</p>

<p>Spanish IV - just natural progression, in III now
APUSH - BIG difference between regular and AP (I agree, I enjoy the company of smart people :p)
AP Calc BC - natural progression, in AB now, want to take it over the summer though, cause I want to get it over with
AP Stat - easy AP
AS Physics - Better than Bio, math related
AP Lang - I'd like to say I'm good at English courses</p>

<p>--</p>

<p>So I do have generally good reasons for taking these courses.
Just wanted opinions on whether I'd die of stress. :/</p>

<p>If I were you I'd for sure do Spanish IV and APUSH. Doing Calc and Stat seems redundant. They're both math credits...</p>

<p>AP Physics is known for being hard. I never took it, but the AP test is not one of the easier ones.</p>

<p>Nope, it's pretty dumb. BC is the last available course.</p>

<p>@Lagging TBH, I basically am taking Stat because it's an AP, and gives me an excuse to study at a local college for math after BC. (Is this even a good idea? Any more impressive to admissions?)</p>

<p>I don't know if it's any more impressive, if you're looking at top schools your time might be better spent developing ECs than overloading on APs. Top schools usually have more holistic admissions processes.</p>

<p>It's really difficult juggling ECs and courses...it's not going to be a fun year, that's for sure.
I think I may pass on AP Stats, depending on what my counselor says about taking classes at a local college.
Might do AP Comp Sci instead, or just do an elective.</p>