How many B's are too many? (Williams College)

<p>Hi,</p>

<p>I decided to challenge myself just a little this year and try out only 2 AP classes (the rest are honors). My GPA is still a 4.2 weighted, but I have 2 B's in those AP classes.
How badly will this affect my chances into getting into a top school like Williams?
My resumee is still really strong - I have a lot of leadership in my church group, as well as starting a new club and organizing a charity fashion show (along with many other things).</p>

<p>Next year, I am going to take 4 AP classes - English, Calc, Psych, and Econ. I believe I will definitely get an A in Psych and Calc, but I'm not sure about the other two. Will this hurt me more, or will Williams like that I'm challenging myself? </p>

<p>My SAT is around 2050, so I'll also retake that and try to get it a little higher. I haven't taken the ACT yet. I feel as if I am less of a numbers child and more of an extracurriculars child - I do a lot while still having above a 4.0.</p>

<p>Williams is pretty hard to get into. They will expect you to have taken the hardest possible classes throughout high school and to have gotten good grades in them. If you're a sophomore you're in better shape than if you're a junior. As for SAT score, the expectation is high too--the average would be over 2150.</p>