How many of you are instate?

<p>How many of you guys are instate? Meaning you are in the same state as the university that you are attending, wish to attend, are going to attend, etc.</p>

<p>So, how many of you guys are instate? Out of state (another state)? Or international students? (Anyone from Canada? :D)</p>

<p>I go to a university in my home state if that's what you're asking.</p>

<p>Out of state, going four states south, or two states west and two states south, depending on how I'm driving. Headed from the Northeast to the dirty south, from a blue state to a red state.</p>

<p>(New York to Virginia)</p>

<p>I go to a uni two hours away from home but accross a state line, whereas my sister is considered in state despite being more than twice that distance from home. Kinda weird but there you have it.</p>

<p>Out of state. I live in Texas, but every college I'm considering is north of the Mason-Dixon line. :)</p>

<p>out of state. haha i'm in california but my college is below the mason dixon line =)</p>

<p>I'm out of state, moving from NH to go to USC.</p>

<p>wow, jessetfan, that's a long flight</p>

<p>I had a limit as to how far away I was willing to go because my parents flat out refuse to pay for airfare and I need my money for other things. So I'm going to the farthest college from home I applied to, a 7 hour drive away.</p>

<p>I'd like to do out-of-state, but with finances not looking so great, I'm a likely in-stater.</p>

<p>I'm going from Toronto to California. I think that's the longest flight here so far :)</p>

<p>I'll be going to University of California, Berkeley and I live in Southern California.</p>

<p>The only school in Michigan I plan on applying to is UMich. Otherwise, the closest school to home is in Chicago (DePaul) and the farthest is in Vancouver (UBC). </p>

<p>Most of my schools are in the Northeast. PA, NY, MA.</p>

<p>The closest school I applied to was 3 hours away; I couldn't stand the thought of living in my home state for 4 more years!</p>

<p>Eiffelguy- what made you choose Berk over Georgetown?</p>

<p>hm..is toronto to cali farther than cali to maryland, considering there are no direct flights to baltimore, so i have to stopover and change flights in minnepolis (which means plane goes north, then back down south)..and i lose 3 hours!</p>

<p>Wow. Eiffelguy, sorry to hear that you won't be joining us at the Hilltop.</p>

<p>I'm leaving California for Georgetown. :)..</p>

<p>Talk about out of state. From state to district. :)</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>Hahahahaha.</p>

<p>Good luck at Georgetown (HOYA SAXA)!</p>

<p>Everything was great about Georgetown except for the distance; I visited during a snow storm and that experience probably scared me a little (GW Parkway should never be driven at night during a snow storm when you're from Southern California).</p>

<p>Berkeley is closer and offers a good undergrad education.</p>

<p>True about that. You were going for GC, right? (Or you were gonna go.. Darn the Berkeley charm. We all know it's all about Stanford.)</p>

<p>:P..</p>

<p>Just kidding.</p>

<p>I visited during the Inauguration. About 6-8 inches of snow. Nothing like going through Arlington National Cemetery in ... well, dress shoes.. trying to wade through 6 inches of snow.</p>

<p>Ahh, good times. :)</p>

<p>Yeah, the College.</p>

<p>I'm international - UK-->Pennsylvania
That's a pretty long, boring flight for you, but at least it's direct.</p>

<p>Oops, I didn't answer College_hopeful...</p>

<p>Here goes:</p>

<p>I chose CAL over Georgetown (how did you know I got into Georgetown. It behooves me unless you were on the Georgetown board) because of the distance. I loved all my three campuses (UCLA, CAL, and Georgetown) and all offered an excellent education. However, Georgetown was just too far for me and I would get a little homesick (such a sissy, I know). Georgetown offered me a pretty good FinAid package and gave close to $18000 in scholarships. However, they upped by EFC by $4000 and I didn't want to burden my parents since they are paying for my undergrad and grad education. Berkeley provided a decent education (though not close to D.C. for politics, but it has the Ninth Circuit Court and California Supreme Court nearby) for a lot less.</p>

<p>The weather (the thought of GW Parkway as I mentioned before) and the day we arrived wasn't too great.</p>

<p>I never expected to go to CAL, but life takes you in different directions sometimes.</p>