How many Stanford applicants are aware of coterming?

<p>Just a FYI thread for incoming students:
Did you account for this when choosing your school?
Office</a> of the University Registrar - Coterminal Forms | Student Affairs</p>

<p>A lot of schools allow you to coterm. Each of my three main choices do (Stanford, Harvard and Penn M&T).</p>

<p>Perhaps you have not heard about it because it goes by a different name in most other colleges. Submatriculation. :)</p>

<p>Still hela exciting though! :)</p>

<p>Sorry to go on a bit of a tangent, but while Stanford offers no financial aid for coterming students, does Harvard offer financial aid? What is it called for Harvard? Thanks!</p>

<p>to the OP--
Is coterming possible with Stanford's GSB?
haven't been able to find a straight answer on the site..</p>

<p>^I would guess no. The GSB wants to see work/life experience, which coterms by definition don't really have. Not sure on this though.</p>

<p>I'm pretty certain that GSB doesn't. If it did, it'd be the equivalent of a joint BA/MBA program, which would be a big deal. I've never heard of anyone coterming at the professional schools.</p>

<p>edit: this</a> page mentions the following as a benefit of coterming</p>

<p>
[quote]
Preparing for postbaccalaureate studies in graduate school, medical school, business school (among others), or for work in certain professional fields

[/quote]
</p>

<p>which suggests that coterming doesn't apply to those professional schools.</p>

<p>@SageShadows: Two things. One, coterm students can get 2/3 tuition rate in their fifth year. Second, they can sometimes pick up TAships or RAships which help with the cost of the fifth year. </p>

<p>@NeoTycoon: Never ever really thought about coterming when applying (was planning to go to medical school). But now, once I'm here, it seems to good an opportunity to pass up.</p>