How many with acceptances have chosen to stay on another waitlist?

I am really curious about this. If we look at the number of students here with multiple acceptances, or even one great acceptance choice - most were put on a waitlist or two. My own child is no exception (with one real financial possible option, and 3 waitlist spots). I am just wondering how many chose to stay on a waitlist, and how many contacted and said no thanks.

DD requested to stay on waitlists until after revisit day. She was not able to visit in the first place, so if she decides it is not somewhere she wants to be, at least there MAY (but probably won’t) be other options.

My kid stayed on one. Until after revisit days and then he will make his choice and let the spot go.

I got into my first choice, but still chose to stay on the Andover waitlist - it can’t hurt, right? I didn’t stay on the Hotchkiss waitlist: I don’t think that I would consider attending just because I like my first choice way way better.

We did stay on DS #1 pick list. We declined the others

I was accepted to L’ville but I chose to stay on the St. Paul’s wait list just in case. If St. Paul’s were to pull me off the wait list and offer better FA than L’ville, (which I don’t think is possible because L’ville was very generous) then I would consider attending St. Paul’s. However, I am a little salty about St. Paul’s wait listing me in the first place so idk if I would go there. I agree with the whole go to the school that wants you motto.