How much am I at a disadvantage....

<p>If I'm planning to be an engineer, but I'm not a "math buff." I'm not bad at math; in fact, I'm taking AP Calc, but I'm no genius either. Science, however, I can say I'm better at: Solid A's every year even in AP Bio and so far in AP Chem. BUT, I have not been able to take Physics due to a financial problem so I'm going into engineering with no knowledge of Physics whatsoever.</p>

<p>"Solid A's every year even in AP Bio and so far in AP Chem."</p>

<p>You'll be fine. There is a reason every engineer has to take the prerequisite Calculus, Physics and Chemistry--no one expects you to know it all before hand.</p>

<p>I'd say only a slight disadvantage. Yeah, you start at the beginning in these classes, but often times the professors are a lot worse at teaching you the material than your high school teachers would have been. The high school teachers teaching AP classes are typically the best available and are very passionate, while the professors teaching lower level classes don't typically care. </p>

<p>You don't have to be a "math buff" to do well, you just have to understand enough to be able to apply it for your major.</p>

<p>If you're taking BC, all the better.</p>

<p>I would say that you are at an ADvantage.</p>

<p>I think many people who enter college and struggle do so because they have high opinions of their ability coming out of high school and expect college to be the same. IMO, you obviously have the ability to learn and wrap your mind around whatever you attempt so that is good. Not already knowing what it is you are suppose to learn in college is not, in anyway, a disadvantage. It only means that you will derive greater value from the education then others. Add onto this you humbleness and an obvious understanding that you are going to have actually try hard, and possibly harder than anyone else, to maintain grades and a competitive standing I would put you above the average engineering student as far as potential for success.</p>

<p>Remember, you only get out of an education what you put into it.</p>

<p>a lot of people go into engineering & have had no prior experience in physics. as long as you're willing to work a little harder at it than those who have had experience, you'll be fine.</p>